Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So I emailed in directly to info@ demanding to know where my missing orders were, and the response I finally got was not a great one:

I'm so so sorry but those items were unfortunately oversold so I'll have to cancel and refund that. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. A more detailed explanation will go out to effected customers on Friday.
Tyler
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please

So, to summarize, one of these albums, Blossom Dearie, I specifically chatted in to ensure was really in stock and was EMPHATICALLY assured that it was and would ship to me by CS. The other was Jay Som, which I purchased on Black Friday and until VERY recently was still in stock. Hell, they had a chance to mark it down since I ordered at full price (with a discount code, but still). So, I call horse shit all around here and it pains me to suspect that any of you still waiting on stuff may be in for a similar experience. I truly hope not, but it seems as though they massively oversold some stuff during their enormous clusterfuck of a website transition, had no idea what order to send anything out, and now many of us will just get a "OOPS SORRY" email.

They at least claim to have refunded me, but I will watching PayPal like a hawk to ensure they actually do. Oh, and the $30 in credit I used on one of those orders is just gone now apparently. What a shit show.

Last edited:
Got my BF shipment of Fiona, Shura and Torres (early). All three had some corner crunches, Torres being the worst. But normally that doesn't bother me. Haven't cracked the shrink yet, but I'm hoping all three are flat and unharmed.
Don't accept damaged stuff from them. Hold them to the fire. They charge a premium and under-deliver on the regular. Reach out to CS. They will either send replacements or give you store credit. In theory.

So I emailed in directly to info@ demanding to know where my missing orders were, and the response I finally got was not a great one:

I'm so so sorry but those items were unfortunately oversold so I'll have to cancel and refund that. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. A more detailed explanation will go out to effected customers on Friday.
Tyler
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please

So, to summarize, one of these albums, Blossom Dearie, I specifically chatted in to ensure was really in stock and was EMPHATICALLY assured that it was and would ship to me by CS. The other was Jay Som, which I purchased on Black Friday and until VERY recently was still in stock. Hell, they had a chance to mark it down since I ordered at full price (with a discount code, but still). So, I call horse shit all around here and it pains me to suspect that any of you still waiting on stuff may be in for a similar experience. I truly hope not, but it seems as though they massively oversold some stuff during their enormous clusterfuck of a website transition, had no idea what order to send anything out, and now many of us will just get a "OOPS SORRY" email.

They at least claim to have refunded me, but I will watching PayPal like a hawk to ensure they actually do. Oh, and the $30 in credit I used on one of those orders is just gone now apparently. What a shit show.

Got the same email as well. They cancelled 3 of my orders (Blossom Dearie, HBMS, Jay Som).

Tyler
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please

Also, really dishonest of VMP to send the cancellation email on Friday AFTER they have already charged their subscribers for JAN ROTM.

it seems as though they massively oversold some stuff during their enormous clusterfuck of a website transition, had no idea what order to send anything out, and now many of us will just get a "OOPS SORRY" email.
One way to guarantee you fulfill all your orders by your self-imposed deadline is to cancel a bunch of them.

Tyler
Customer Support Agent
Vinyl Me, Please

Why the fuck are they waiting until Friday if they know all this now.

What would you do with more nickels?

View attachment 28107

51VEBdbJQYL._SS500_SS500_.jpg

I got my package today. It was supposed to come on Jan 2. So that's cool.

All 3 records I had ordered showed up. I almost shook the box assuming an extra record or something would fall out with all the stories out there of less or more records. Also no obviously damage to the records/packaging (although not played yet). VMP how the heck did you get this right?

Back