Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So my Black Pumas arrived today...and unexpectedly and without notice in the same box was Spoon which happened to be one of the albums that was missing from my order page.

My guess is that although the system isn't displaying orders correctly that somewhere in the background they do have a complete list of what should go to who since this was delivered correctly. Still no excuse since I've contacted them about this missing order right after the migration and never so much as got an update or response from them. So I guess with Spoon, Black Pumas and Idler Wheel now delivered I'm only missing 12 more records and then I can finally cancel and be free of this shit show.

Oh btw they did take the time to send me another useless good vibes email today:

"
Hi xxxxxx,

As you've probably guessed by now, we've been completely slammed with requests like yours and we're answering each one in the order we got them. The issue you emailed us about, and your growing frustration, both matter more than anything else to us right now and we aren't going to rest until they've both been solved.

Just like you, we hope the next email you get from us is one saying everything is fixed and your records are on a truck that's speeding towards your home. In the meantime, please hang in there and send us good vibes. We're sending the same back to you 😊

<3 VMP"

Hope the rest of you fellow 15% will soon start seeing progress as well.

P.s - BTW the Spoon record has no VMP exclusive pressing marking anywhere, no VMP hype stickers either...as a matter of fact the only hype sticker is the exact same one as this Merge release.

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

basically until I opened it and confirmed the colour there was no way of telling it was indeed a different variant.

Last edited:
What was the deal with that Kingmaker album? I was thinking of swapping for it next month but I remember a lot of complaints about it .
Some have reported it being a noisy pressing (though a few have had better luck). Also I guess the packaging is rather low quality; paper sleeves, no liner notes, and the jacket is super thin stock.

What was the deal with that Kingmaker album? I was thinking of swapping for it next month but I remember a lot of complaints about it .
Good master, terrible pressing, cheapest package possible in terms of jacket and sleeves. Be prepared to ask for numerous replacements if you care at all about pops and noise.

Yet I'm sitting on weeks without them answering my just cancel my order at this point, but also don't email them because it'll take them longer 🤦‍♂️
Same with me e-mailing info@. This time i used the form on the site ( press little question mark in lower right). I used the form for chrck order status. Typed in order cancellation, wrote a text saying please cancel all records from these order no. And added order numbers in the form. That worked for me fast, but knowing vmp that might just have been luck and necessarily reproducible. Maybe it was because its been titles from black friday with 30% off that they now hope to sell at full price. I have given up to try to understand their logistic logic. Just one month left and i'm out for good.

Same with me e-mailing info@. This time i used the form on the site ( press little question mark in lower right). I used the form for chrck order status. Typed in order cancellation, wrote a text saying please cancel all records from these order no. And added order numbers in the form. That worked for me fast, but knowing vmp that might just have been luck and necessarily reproducible. Maybe it was because its been titles from black friday with 30% off that they now hope to sell at full price. I have given up to try to understand their logistic logic. Just one month left and i'm out for good.
That's where mine was submitted. I did a PayPal claim thing already so whatever. At this point it's $30 so whatever happens happens. Just frustrating none the less (y)

i've been victimized by package thieves twice in the last month, so seeing people receive records i'm still waiting on (aretha/cornelius/fiona) but not getting any 'fulfilled' status changes/notifications/tracking info beforehand - or after! - concerns me.

I’m so sorry @AndySlash! After a situation like that a decade ago I’ve maintained a box at one of those mailing places and have all packages sent there. It’s also handy cause there’s always someone around to sign for it too.

i've been victimized by package thieves twice in the last month, so seeing people receive records i'm still waiting on (aretha/cornelius/fiona) but not getting any 'fulfilled' status changes/notifications/tracking info beforehand - or after! - concerns me.
Porch Pirates are the fucking worst. Thankfully most of my thefts have been Amazon and are easily replaceable. That being said this is how some in my city are deterring package theft.

I'm lucky I work in an office and have all my packages sent there. I don't even have a porch to speak of, if a package is left at my doorstep, it's exposed completely to the elements. In the past I've had more than one box get completely soaked because it was delivered on a rainy day.

Porch Pirates are the fucking worst. Thankfully most of my thefts have been Amazon and are easily replaceable. That being said this is how some in my city are deterring package theft.

I can’t believe people just steal like that......😱😳

I'm lucky I work in an office and have all my packages sent there. I don't even have a porch to speak of, if a package is left at my doorstep, it's exposed completely to the elements. In the past I've had more than one box get completely soaked because it was delivered on a rainy day.

For the last few years, I've had a large cooler on my porch with a sign taped on it, because of that very reason, and because my front door faces the sun. My postman knows to put everything in there to protect it. With the rain we've been having in Seattle and all of the holiday packages, it's really helped.

Back