Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

@joemac: proplem with customs is probably that they are always declaring the value as the price in the shop. With rotms selling at 35$ or 40$ there, thats adding to the cost. But for me that also means ordering from vmp is not feasible for me anymore.

Also the figures still don’t add up. based on them being incompetent twats and using the store list rather than whats on my invoices:

if, as it appears, Beck isn’t in there: 35 + 35 + 32 + 22 = 124

If beck is in there but their system hasn’t caught up: add 29 = 153

so with 100 they’re still just pulling figures out of their arse.

based on my invoices, without beck = 53.40

wirh beck = 82.40

So bb king and Fionanow have tracking numbers. And i cancelled my outstanding black friday order yesterday, received an immediate e-mail confirmation from cs and a paypal notification that i have my money back.
Yet I'm sitting on weeks without them answering my just cancel my order at this point, but also don't email them because it'll take them longer 🤦‍♂️

I still strongly suspect "15%" is ONLY in reference to December orders. November and earlier is being conveniently left out of these estimates.

Exactly, I've been catching up and was going to say this. They keep referencing December and I have records from October and November that I know are in the warehouse. So I'm gonna go with, I'm in the real 30%.

I’m reaching a stage where I’m actually coming close to wanting to see them go bust...

I'm thinking you might see this come to fruition.

I feel badly for all of you. I quit when they nuked their forum. I took it as "we don't want you here" so I voted with my wallet.

That said, at some point in the future, VMP should be taught in business classes- everything not to do if you own/run a business.

After the forum debacle, they showed poor judgement and poor business sense. I figured there were more problems on the horizon, but this is at a level that astounds me. Truly appalling.

I joined for ‘Pinkerton’, stayed in part because of the forum. I don’t think I’ve bought anything from them since the forum was nuked; don’t think I was buying through FOMO but the forum definitely kept me in the loop as to what was upcoming from VMP, that’s gone and I’ve always been quite capable of spending my music budget (and more) off my own back.

(EDIT: prompted by @HiFi Guy mentioning having cancelled when the forum went)

Everything still shows Unfulfilled for me. Most likely because they don't actually have them in stock.

That's what I'm afraid of.
I have three ROTM's, two exclusives, The TLC bundle, and two replacement records that were confirmed at the beginning of November (Willie Colon and Slowthai).
I've been a member for five years.
I am enraged that newer members seem to take "preference" and there is no fucking rhyme or reason.

I skipped about 10 pages, can't keep up with family in town. But I can tell you when I get the "we're swamped, but forgive us. We're just a little baby start up," and comes right after a marketing email (The Standard in this case), it just makes me even more disappointed. Telling me they won't rest until every thing is resolved, but then pumping out marketing emails twice as fast as "we're sorry" email. GTFO of here VMP.

I skipped about 10 pages, can't keep up with family in town. But I can tell you when I get the "we're swamped, but forgive us. We're just a little baby start up," and comes right after a marketing email (The Standard in this case), it just makes me even more disappointed. Telling me they won't rest until every thing is resolved, but then pumping out marketing emails twice as fast as "we're sorry" email. GTFO of here VMP.
Yeah, I had these same thoughts when that email arrived today. I’ve never in my life witnessed such a fucking tone deaf display of ineptitude from a company in the throes of a massive organizational clusterfuck. No one is communicating with each other or, if they are, the level of that communication failure is STAGGERING.

Yeah and two days after it was announced a standard release 😁
skalap rn
giphy.gif

I hate The Standard normally and today even more so. This edition is titled "Under Pressure" and has this lovely little line at the end
"Hope your holidays are filled with low stress and good records"

Just mail my records you imbeciles!!
I swear to god they're conducting an experiment. The level of idiocy and tone deaf behavior from nearly every department is on a level so far beyond anything that could be considered unintentional. It's not possible, it can't be. We are rats in a maze my friends. We've got these little claws and we can't dig through these walls so we just keep running and running and oh maybe that's the way out NO IT'S QOTSA OH FUCK okay wait wait I see a light over this way COME MY FELLOW RATS THIS DIRECTION I see our chance at freedo-OH MY GOD IT'S FIONA OH FUCK OH FUUUCK okay okay okay this time THIIIS TIME nothing is getting between me and sweet sweet freedom, EMANCIPATION HEEERE I C-OH GOD IT'S FUNCRUSHER PLUS SON OF A B-

Last edited:
Back