Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I just got this:

"Hi Scott ,

Please don't give up on us. You're probably thinking to yourself that it took less time for those guys to fly to the moon in the 60's than it's taking us to solve the issue you emailed us about, and if so, you're right. We got overwhelmed with recent customer service requests and our customer service team has been doing everything in their power to make up for the extra tickets. We're almost to yours, and then all of this will be behind us.

To try to make up for it, we've got a discount code here for your next order. Use "3FFY8Q9FMB23" at checkout to receive 20% off your next order (one-time use for store purchases only, cannot be applied to past purchases, valid through Jan 31, 2020).

We're so sorry this happened, and we know that there are some things an email and a coupon can't fix. Please stick with us, though. We've learned a lot from this situation and are going to come back better than ever in 2020. We love you, and we hope to see around here for years to come

<3 VMP"

I am glad you got a discount code for your wait, but it's also kind of crappy that those of us who got unhelpful form emails instead of silence didn't. Like, the response I got from them was about as useful as if they'd just not replied to me, so where's my 20% off? They should have put the discount code in that email they sent to the 30%, not in these emails.

(in the end it doesn't really matter, since I don't plan on buying anything from VMP again, it's just a weird way for them to decide who gets a discount code)

I am glad you got a discount code for your wait, but it's also kind of crappy that those of us who got unhelpful form emails instead of silence didn't. Like, the response I got from them was about as useful as if they'd just not replied to me, so where's my 20% off? They should have put the discount code in that email they sent to the 30%, not in these emails.

(in the end it doesn't really matter, since I don't plan on buying anything from VMP again, it's just a weird way for them to decide who gets a discount code)
I fully agree!

I will not be using the code, so if anyone actually wants the real one, message me!

I might hide that code eh? That looks like it actually is one time use.

Also, yeah in terms of refunds I got one a week ago and it still hasn't shown up in my credit card account. I truly don't believe we're at the point where they're lying about giving refunds, I'm guessing it's just another part of the system/website that isn't working properly. Of course it's going to be rather hard to prove to them I didn't actually receive the refund on my end, so it may come to a chargeback. But just be forewarned, the refund system appears to be broken.

I was promised a refund on Monday and it showed up on my CC on Wednesday, so I think they screwed yours up in particular. Just shoot them an email and I’m sure they’ll fix it for you, lickety split.

That goes for anyone else waiting for a refund as well. The system can do it, so if you have been waiting more than 2 days you’ll probably have to reach back out. Music to many ears I’m sure.

I just got this:

"Hi Scott ,

Please don't give up on us. You're probably thinking to yourself that it took less time for those guys to fly to the moon in the 60's than it's taking us to solve the issue you emailed us about, and if so, you're right. We got overwhelmed with recent customer service requests and our customer service team has been doing everything in their power to make up for the extra tickets. We're almost to yours, and then all of this will be behind us.

To try to make up for it, we've got a discount code here for your next order. Use "3FFY8Q9FMB23" at checkout to receive 20% off your next order (one-time use for store purchases only, cannot be applied to past purchases, valid through Jan 31, 2020).

We're so sorry this happened, and we know that there are some things an email and a coupon can't fix. Please stick with us, though. We've learned a lot from this situation and are going to come back better than ever in 2020. We love you, and we hope to see around here for years to come

<3 VMP"

i just got that one too

I received my copy of Charlie Brown Christmas recently and spinning it just now it has a lot of popping and static throughout. Especially the first few tracks and in between tracks. Occurring on both sides. I don't hear it on the version from iTunes.

Is that normal for this record or did I get a horrible copy?

EDIT - Gave it a quick clean and I think it's resolved. Disregard.

Last edited:
I received my copy of Charlie Brown Christmas recently and spinning it just now it has a lot of popping and static throughout. Especially the first few tracks and in between tracks. Occurring on both sides. I don't hear it on the version from iTunes.

Is that normal for this record or did I get a horrible copy?

EDIT - Gave it a quick clean and I think it's resolved. Disregard.
Always clean before you spin

Just received an update email:

"As of 5p ET today, we have shipped approximately 85% of our December orders, and we now anticipate being caught up in the next 5-7 days. Again we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for this delay. We are moving faster than anticipated and working nights and weekends. We hope that by the time you read this email or shortly after you receive a shipping confirmation."

Lucky me, in the bottom 15% with everything still unfulfilled. The next message will be "Oops, we oversold titles in your order."

Just got an email update from VMP informing me that they’ve now shipped 85% of the December orders and expect to be caught up in the next 5-7 days (followed by the usual apologies and that they’re working weekends and nights).

So who else is left in the 15%? I havent had anything shipped out, 2 albums are marked fulfilled online and 15 other pending. I’m questioning now their wording of “As of 5p ET today, we have shipped approximately 85% of our December orders.” What about the November (and earlier for some) orders?

So here's the latest update I just received.

"Hi xxxxxxx,

In our continued effort to keep you up-to-date on the status of your order(s):

As of 5p ET today, we have shipped approximately 85% of our December orders, and we now anticipate being caught up in the next 5-7 days.

Again we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for this delay. We are moving faster than anticipated and working nights and weekends. We hope that by the time you read this email or shortly after you receive a shipping confirmation.

Multiple orders will be shipped together. You will receive a shipping notification for each order, but only one of the shipping notifications will contain your tracking number. This optimization has allowed us to ship more efficiently but might be confusing for your inbox. Please open and inspect all shipping emails for the email that contains your tracking # before contacting support, as any order that does not contain tracking information was likely bundled together with another order from the same day that has your tracking information.

Thank you for your continued patience.
❤️ VMP"

couldn't even be bothered to offer me the discount code others received...which is fine by me since I'm cancelling once I receive my records.

Back