Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I had the same thought, but if the set is decent and this encourages them to do this more in the future, I might actually do it...
I’m pretty excited to get it. I may invite my dad over to hear it. He’s not much of a music fan but he may dig it.

Interesting how they have Angel Olsen listed as on sale, but it's not even on the site, let alone part of the sale. If you click it you get a 404 error

View attachment 38805

Love how they denote that Best Record Stores book is a VMP Exclusive. As if any other publisher would have put their name on that thing

View attachment 38871

I find this selection odd even though the music is great. It came out in 2017 and the price currently on discogs is $75-$90 versus VMP @ $115.
It is currently on Amazon for $89.72 as well. Most of what Fela did is great, but the other three boxes have higher highs, which I think is why their resale value is so high. Not sure why they don't repress them.

It is currently on Amazon for $89.72 as well. Most of what Fela did is great, but the other three boxes have higher highs, which I think is why their resale value is so high. Not sure why they don't repress them.

So for those relatively new to Fela, which albums are the highest highs?

View attachment 38871

Great box set from Fela, with my personal favourite No Agreement. V.I.P is a close second. Maybe not his "greatest hits", but I already owned most of those individually anyways.

I bought this box in Europe through Dodax if anyone on this side of the ocean is interested:

So for those relatively new to Fela, which albums are the highest highs?
I really love the following:

Roforofo Fight (especially including Question Jam Answer, not sure how it has been reissued, sometimes they are split into two albums)
Shakara
Confusion
Expensive Shit
Sorrow Tears And Blood
Zombie

To start with at least
Most are worth a stream though!

I really love the following:

Roforofo Fight (especially including Question Jam Answer, not sure how it has been reissued, sometimes they are split into two albums)
Shakara
Confusion
Expensive Shit
Sorrow Tears And Blood
Zombie

To start with at least
Most are worth a stream though!
This would be my list almost exactly. The Afrobeat rabbit hole is deep but super rewarding.

Back