Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

You're crazy for this one VMP. It looks incredible but it's $20+ more than the already great standard edition. Hope it makes it to swaps.

They shouldn't have agreed to the deal, and here's hoping people hold out on buying it (ha!) to send that message, but per Paulie "From what I was told, they just charged us a lot for this one wholesale"

You're crazy for this one VMP. It looks incredible but it's $20+ more than the already great standard edition. Hope it makes it to swaps.

This is dumb. VMP's class warfare continues.

It seems like 4AD releases are generally the ones with the biggest upcharge when it comes to “indie” labels. At least from what I’ve noticed. I’m gonna blame that partly on the label and not fully on VMP.

But yes I do hope this makes it to swaps lol. $60 is a ton of money. I highly doubt they would ever even offer it for swaps but no way they move 1,500 of these at that price point when you can get it for $20 cheaper straight from 4AD.

Last edited:
It seems like 4AD releases are generally the ones with the biggest upcharge when it comes to “indie” labels. At least from what I’ve noticed. I’m gonna blame that partly on the label and not fully on VMP.

But yes I do hope this makes it to swaps lol. $60 is a ton of money. I highly doubt they would ever even offer it for swaps but no way they move 1,500 of these at that price point when you can get it for $20 cheaper straight from 4AD.
Apparently for international people, it's the best deal.. especially now that the Cherry Tree exclusive sold out

They just put the Woodstock box in swaps. I wouldn't say never on this one

Rough Trade in the UK are doing the marbled one for £37.99 and it will work out miles cheaper than VMP for anyone European!
And if bullmoose get a coloured indie shop version, chances are high that those pop up at the intl indies in the next days as well

Exclusives get larger pressings than whatever number they put out for replacements and the like. The end result is a handful will not be numbered or it might have something silly like “524 / 500”

About four or five of my VMP numbered exclusives are like this.
Interesting, I'd still like a numbered sleeve though since it was advertised. Even if it was a higher number than the 300 they said was pressed.

So my local also lists the white/purple marble 3lp and its 42€. So coloued versions will be widely available internationally for around 45$

Good! Tbh with a band as big as The National there was no way it was just going to be VMP and their own webstore! I still think I’m sticking with my standard black vinyl press of the album though!

Back