Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I was planning on resubing with the 3x2 promo and finally get some records I've eyed for a while (Celia Cruz, Otis or El-P in case they were available for swaps, Aretha...). However, I've come to realize that I cannot afford to spend that money with such an uncertain economic future ahead. I would have loved to get those records for that price, but luckily I have close to 300 albums to enjoy instead.

I was planning on resubing with the 3x2 promo and finally get some records I've eyed for a while (Celia Cruz, Otis or El-P in case they were available for swaps, Aretha...). However, I've come to realize that I cannot afford to spend that money with such an uncertain economic future ahead. I would have loved to get those records for that price, but luckily I have close to 300 albums to enjoy instead.

Otis and EL-P appear to be gone

I was legitimately tempted by the 3-for-2 offer. Then I remembered that their records are overpriced, and that I don’t need most of the albums they curate, and that when I do I can usually find a cheaper used copy of an earlier pressing in the wild (or Discogs), and that if I do choose to receive one of their albums there is a high likelihood that the order will be botched, or that there will be some manufacturing defect that requires me to contact their inconsistent customer service, which service may solve my problem after a few additional weeks or, alternatively, may only be able to communicate that even though this or that album was advertised as a gatefold or numbered edition or specific color, unfortunately there was a snafu because they’re a still a small business and a young company and at least they can still send good vibes but there’s unfortunately nothing that I can do other than cancel my subscription and get a refund.

So I guess I’ll preemptively keep my refund and not sign up.

Shot in the dark here....anyone have a copy of either the VMP Toots or Irma exclusives that they are willing to part with?

Back