Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

If anybody wants to use their $40 credit to get this and forward it on to me, I can send you an opened copy of the VMP bandana... caveat is that I’ll send the bandana once you have the grimes in hand since I really don’t trust that they even have these in stock

Diving in now first time listen. I'll update through tracks

Wide Eyes - pretty awesome drums. vocals & guitar are stale imo. pretty generic rock song that drags on.
Airplanes - adorable opening banter and piano. vocals have more character here. classic late 2000's indie rock vibe, which I like.
Sun Hands - pretty nice change of pace here, kind of a sprawling chant with almost-tribal drums keeping the focus. hm, guitar solo was a bit weak to finish.
World News - spotify is muddying the harmonies here, but I still think it's a forgettable track.
Shape Shifter - Hold up, is this christian rock? Starts w/ "My king I'm humbled before you". Uh... the music is pretty awesome here though. Lots of nice layering.
Camera Talk - i'm a sucker for the strings. awesome track
Cards & Quarters - fun little guitar sound but little variation. got bored
Warning Sign - I dig the guitar harmony, but man this band loves it's vocal sighs. Oooo tasty beatswitch. Dig this one.
Who Knows Who Cares - this is basically my favorite music. strings, roaming guitar, thrashing drums, wandering lyrics.
Cubism Dream - a bit of range in the vocals, but pretty boring track
Stranger Things - track name has a lot to live up to! XD let's see! Damn that was pretty epic. Could've seen the album ending on this culmination.
Sticky Thread - Kind of hilarious track name. Delicious guitar rift. Holy crap I love that they're closing out with these instrumentals. This track is fucking awesome!

Man, really a lot to love here. The drums are killer, nice variability between tracks. There's some filler for sure and the vocal sighs all over the place aren't my favorite, but I did really enjoy it. Certainly will go back for more.
Nice write up! I absolutely love this album, and if you get the chance they are fantastic live. They go bonkers playing Sun Hands.

I have the pink version but would probably bite for the 2 extra tracks, gatefold, and other extras.

its the 10th aniversary classic stuff that is tempting me.. i have the money but was saving it for a schiit magni and a DAC

spring has started though so i have more job opportunities

Buy it and get free credits when they oversell it:)
giphy.gif

Back