Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Oh yes thx, that VMP-exclusive was the reason I even wrote in this thread. Should‘ve been an Essential release IMO.

I agree. Better than most archival releases from them this last while. There’s another limited pressing about but doesn’t seem to have a wide reissue yet

All you Laura Nyro lovers need to listen to Gonna Take a Miracle if you haven't (the whole album, not just the song)...it's a cover album, but it's a Very Good Cover Album

Yes it’s great @Heath. I picked up a mint original copy a few months ago. The Bells on it I find very emotional. Her voice can seem quite harsh originally but that once you get accustomed she’s superb. New York Tendaberry is another brilliant album by her. The debut isn’t her best but it has the big songs and may be her most conventional ‘pop’ sounding

Yes it’s great @Heath. I picked up a mint original copy a few months ago. The Bells on it I find very emotional. Her voice can seem quite harsh originally but that once you get accustomed she’s superb. New York Tendaberry is another brilliant album by her. The debut isn’t her best but it has the big songs and may be her most conventional ‘pop’ sounding

Jealous of your copy! Mine is pretty crackly, but I still play it all the time...I'd love to see a repress

I've never heard of her but my interest is certainly piqued... now I just need to get off work so I can go home and check her out.

Her big hit is arguably Wedding Bell Blues which is on the VMP album as is And When I Die and Stoney End. All were big hits for other artists but I think I prefer Nyro’s versions.

Literally don’t have shipping for any track yet nor Horace. Enough is enough. Just sent an email in to cancel every pending exclusive order I have.
Sick of being Bottom of the stack every month and Getting exclusives weeks after others despite ordering right away.
Yep. 2/3 swaps were cancelled for me, haven’t gotten shipping for the 3rd (Irma), no shipping for Horace, and David Gray is pushed back until further notice. Have been charged for all of them of course. If I don’t get shipping notices this week I will do the same as you.

I really, really, really dig this Junior Mesa album.
I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around $19 for a 20 minute record.
Let's see if repeated listening changes things.
I have had the same issue with quite a few of the VMP Rising albums and to be honest, I end up streaming most of them more than spinning the record. I love the Kate Bollinger album but it doesn't get too many spins since it's so short.

I have had the same issue with quite a few of the VMP Rising albums and to be honest, I end up streaming most of them more than spinning the record. I love the Kate Bollinger album but it doesn't get too many spins since it's so short.

For my money, the best recent Rising album was the Nathan Bajar. I have listened to that an embarrassing amount, enough that I don't post it every time to the What's Spinning thread.

For my money, the best recent Rising album was the Nathan Bajar. I have listened to that an embarrassing amount, enough that I don't post it every time to the What's Spinning thread.
I'll have to check that one out! I see it's available on his bandcamp.

Back