Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Are people still waiting on Horace Tapscott? I don't want this to be another "oversold" situation and miss out on the limited pressing elsewhere.
Really no excuse to not have these out the door in time now they are shipping solo.

Are people still waiting on Horace Tapscott? I don't want this to be another "oversold" situation and miss out on the limited pressing elsewhere.
Really no excuse to not have these out the door in time now they are shipping solo.

Emailed CS Friday and they said they are in the process of shipping now and i should get my notification soon.

Emailed CS Friday and they said they are in the process of shipping now and i should get my notification soon.

Thanks.
I saw people receiving these weeks ago on Reddit. Not sure why Fulfillment is so all over the place with this company. Looks like I'm going to continue cutting back heavily on exclusives. No reason to overpay just to receive something weeks after release date.

Does it still have the pop up that yells at you that you must log in before you even have a chance?
IIRC that was prompted when your sign-in had timed out and you attempted to do something member-only. If so, I'll have to report back when my account times out.

I've actually never listened to this band so would I like it
Diving in now first time listen. I'll update through tracks

Wide Eyes - pretty awesome drums. vocals & guitar are stale imo. pretty generic rock song that drags on.
Airplanes - adorable opening banter and piano. vocals have more character here. classic late 2000's indie rock vibe, which I like.
Sun Hands - pretty nice change of pace here, kind of a sprawling chant with almost-tribal drums keeping the focus. hm, guitar solo was a bit weak to finish.
World News - spotify is muddying the harmonies here, but I still think it's a forgettable track.
Shape Shifter - Hold up, is this christian rock? Starts w/ "My king I'm humbled before you". Uh... the music is pretty awesome here though. Lots of nice layering.
Camera Talk - i'm a sucker for the strings. awesome track
Cards & Quarters - fun little guitar sound but little variation. got bored
Warning Sign - I dig the guitar harmony, but man this band loves it's vocal sighs. Oooo tasty beatswitch. Dig this one.
Who Knows Who Cares - this is basically my favorite music. strings, roaming guitar, thrashing drums, wandering lyrics.
Cubism Dream - a bit of range in the vocals, but pretty boring track
Stranger Things - track name has a lot to live up to! XD let's see! Damn that was pretty epic. Could've seen the album ending on this culmination.
Sticky Thread - Kind of hilarious track name. Delicious guitar rift. Holy crap I love that they're closing out with these instrumentals. This track is fucking awesome!

Man, really a lot to love here. The drums are killer, nice variability between tracks. There's some filler for sure and the vocal sighs all over the place aren't my favorite, but I did really enjoy it. Certainly will go back for more.

Last edited:
Back