Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Going back for Phrenology if it's available already. Then Blazing Arrow. Not sure about track 3. Here are my interests in order:

Laura Nyro – More Than a New Disovery
David Gray – White Ladder
Labi Siffre – Remember My Song
Dirty Projectors – Swing Lo Magellan
John Moreland – LP5
Bon Iver – i,i
Lightmen Plus One – Energy Control Center
TVZ – TVZ or Our Mother the Mountain
Miles Davis – Sorcerer

Making people, huh? By retweeting someone who asked about a record that's been teased but is waiting on Fiona's people to give the okay to release it? If VMP was saying something like "Stay Tuned" or "Any day now" then I'd grant that's FOMO. No one is forcing anyone to stay subscribed.

This is semantics. Retweeting that is exactly an implication of "stay tuned" not to mention that Storf literally stated that there would be a third Fiona drop back in late November and then it never happened, so when you pull shit like this, you know exactly what its effect is going to be. In fact, they have said it was coming soon and then, after months of asking what was happening with no response, would finally reveal that something happened to delay it, without specifics. The fact that we even know that it's supposed to be coming at all is because they told us to stay tuned years ago and have pulled shit like this intermittently ever since. This is a company that would confirm releases with wink emojis for crissakes.

I guess. If they had the ability to release and make money off it, I'd imagine they would.

If they didn't, the least they could do is stop telling, or implying to, people that they are about to. For years. We got a coming soon a year ago. Keeping people subscribed and checking in with FOMO is how you make money on a false promise in the interim, even if you don't have the ability to release it.

I just don't ascribe villainous intentions to a retweet. But I realize I'm in the vast minority here. The purpose of the retweet could've been to demonstrate to Fiona's people that there's interest in that record on social media and it would be good to let it be released.

Last edited:

Looks like this is still available...
Odd, that sold out and was marked as such earlier today when I checked to see if that should ship next month or not.

I just don't ascribe villainous intentions to a retweet.

You do, however, seem to ascribe villainous intentions to forum comments that question VMP decisions. It's absurd. If they aren't going to release it, they should be more careful with the topic and not mention it, let alone knowingly fuck with people that they know are waiting for it. Best case scenario, it's incredibly tone deaf. Any other perspective on this feels like a disingenuous stretch.

You do, however, seem to ascribe villainous intentions to forum comments that question VMP decisions. It's absurd. If they aren't going to release it, they should be more careful with the topic and not mention it, let alone knowingly fuck with people that they know are waiting for it. Best case scenario, it's incredibly tone deaf. Any other perspective on this feels like a disingenuous stretch.

Not really. I'm just giving my opinion. I don't think they're intentionally fucking with people. And of course, they're tone deaf. They have a pretty big history of that and issues with communication in general.

i might be falling for them again .. with the code the EL-P record comes out at 30 $ , im not a member anymore, but i can still select ship with next ROTM.. how does that work ? means itll ship the next time they ship for everyone or will it just never ship ? :D

Back