Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah I have both the mono and stereo 33 AP releases of Pet Sounds. Mono is the way to go but it is a little muddy. Supposedly the stereo mix was created from a copy tape that was a generation closer to the master or something along those lines. It does sound more clear but at the expense of not being as cohesive of a sound. Both are fantastic in their own way though. I reach for the mono more often than not.

The stereo AP was actually from a digital master, you can view the specifics on the AP site. Not that it matters, I prefer the Stereo over the AAA mono.

Yeah I know they had to digitally do something with it to create the mix. I read about it sometime and forgot the details. At any rate it does sound quite great.
I am on Team Mono. The stereo is good for a stereo mix but the Mono is damn near perfect. I have both the AP 45rpm Mono and the the Carl & The Passions/Pet Sounds Mono Twofer depending on how many times I wanna flip sides.

On the AP titles: The Nat King Cole record, Love is the Thing, is quite possibly my most treasured and best sounding record. Stream it prior -- but I own 4 different copies (one a pass down OG from my grandmother) of the record and FWIW the AP smokes every one them. It's an exceptional record. (note, not a gatefold, not a stoughton, etc -- all of this praise is for the sound)

On the AP titles: The Nat King Cole record, Love is the Thing, is quite possibly my most treasured and best sounding record. Stream it prior -- but I own 4 different copies (one a pass down OG from my grandmother) of the record and FWIW the AP smokes every one them. It's an exceptional record. (note, not a gatefold, not a stoughton, etc -- all of this praise is for the sound)

I got it with the discount code, and it already shipped! Cant wait! Thanks.

I messaged Paul twice through Reddit and I finally got a response. I am getting another replacement for QOTSA. But they "oversold" Pinkerton. Which is just ...dumb.

I am pushing them on this. Asking why this is still happening.
I sent another e-mail to CS (to let them know that I received the "unfulfilled" Run DMC) and remind them (yet again) of my missing September and November boxes.
Last time they asked me for what albums were in those boxes so they would refund them. They were:

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers 'The Freedom Rider',
The Roots 'How I Got Over',
Sonny Rollins 'Saxophone Colossus',
Whitney 'Forever Turned Around'
Christone "Kingfish" Ingram 'Kingfish',
Queens Of The Stone Age 'Songs For The Deaf',
Desert Sessions 'The Desert Sessions Vol. 11 & 12',
The Dave Brubeck Quartet 'Jazz Impressions of Japan'

This time they replied in about 30 minutes and said they could send me replacements of all those missing records in one large shipment.
(I say yes, I'd rather have the albums after all)

Weren't a bunch of these out of stock?

What is going on?
Don't believe the out of stock statements. I had several messages stating various records were out of stock, then after persisting I got replacements. It seems that some of the CS people can find stock that the other CS people can't... It's a mystery.

These multiple replacements of QOTSA and Isley Brothers made me cave and I messaged them just now asking why I was told there were no replacements when others are on their third copy. I’m sure the response will be sweet.

Back