Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Can anyone post that code again?

I mean, these are insanely overpriced, right??

Not insanely overpriced, they are typically $5 less at Acoustic Sounds (direct from the label).
Also, not overpriced for those of us not in the US as shipping is typically $20 and these are usually dinged by customs as well.

I have no problem calling VMP out on their BS, this is actually pretty cool for us not living in the US

Not insanely overpriced, they are typically $5 less at Acoustic Sounds (direct from the label).
Also, not overpriced for those of us not in the US as shipping is typically $20 and these are usually dinged by customs as well.

I have no problem calling VMP out on their BS, this is actually pretty cool for us not living in the US
Agreed, though sadly the ones I would have grabbed are all sold out. Hopefully they restock or continue

Speaking of credits, I finally got a refund of an oversold 3 Feet High and Rising that I ordered back in November, only after finally CC'ing Matt in my email to support. The refund was done in literally minutes, and the CS person was very apologetic and happily told me that they added some credits to my account for my trouble. Checked my account, and got $1.50 in credit... i mean honestly, why even bother.
That’s like when I was exhausted once after a 17 hour work day and took an Uber home. I fell asleep in the cab and arrived 45 min later (should have been a 20 min journey) and saw the next day I had been charged over $100 for the trip. I complained to Uber and said the driver took me the wrong way and it never should have taken that long. They agreed and processed a refund for...$0.87. Haven’t used Uber since hah

The VMP AP pressings are about $5 more than what Acoustic Sounds sells them for. The people saying Pet Sounds is $35 elsewhere are mistaken. It’s the 45RPM which is $55 at AS I believe.

Correct, it is the 2xLP 45RPM that VMP is advertising. Although, Pet Sounds is also available on standard 1 LP 33 RPM for $35 at Plaid Room/Acoustic Sounds/etc.

The VMP AP pressings are about $5 more than what Acoustic Sounds sells them for. The people saying Pet Sounds is $35 elsewhere are mistaken. It’s the 45RPM which is $55 at AS I believe.

Yeah you know I saw all those 50+ records and was like, what the heck? But yeah you're right, and I guess it's not a bad deal when you factor shipping into the mix. The only title on there I'd be halfway interested in would be the Miles Davis but that's gone, so oh well. Seems odd they'd want to stock so many $50+ 2x45s though.

Been reading the past 5 or so pages about the new drop by VMP, and I do remember the $17 price point. VMP, and the vinyl industry itself, are doing a wonderful job at driving many of us out. As the prices have gone up, I've actually purchased less and less vinyl. It's such a bad taste in my mouth. And I was not a record or two a month kinda guy. My lp/cd collection numbers more than 10,000. But I'm that record or two a month kinda guy now. These prices are reaching a tipping point where market damage will begin to occur as people financially turn away.

I'm also pleased to get another way to buy AP pressings internationally, but that confuses me re. VMP strategy (I already hear "which strategy?" in the audience!).

One the one hand they have cheap/me-too colored variants and RHH, mostly GZ-pressed, and on the other hands, the Classic track and now AP (I'd say Essentials is in-between depending on the month). I believe both have different target users, so I'm wondering how VMP plans to manage expectations of both, and focus their resources (marketing, CS, shipping, etc.) appropriately.

The goal is probably to grab a bigger part of the vinyl retail pie, but they'll have to make sure they nail it on both sides, and recent experience doesn't really inspire confidence.

Still, I might grab one of those AP thanks to free shipping with my next ROTM...

Yeah you know I saw all those 50+ records and was like, what the heck? But yeah you're right, and I guess it's not a bad deal when you factor shipping into the mix. The only title on there I'd be halfway interested in would be the Miles Davis but that's gone, so oh well. Seems odd they'd want to stock so many $50+ 2x45s though.
Yea I mean they are still on the expensive side for records but I didn’t factor in the free shipping for international customers. That’s kinda nice I guess? Just still confused what their strategy is and who VMP is for nowadays...

I bought them all and some for my friends because the price was so tight doggg. If you can’t get with that then maybe you should just go and spend y’all’s money on a cheaper store (which y’all won’t find nowhere) or a better store (which’s don’t exists so don’t try looking).

Whst I do know is there is a nuclear power plant located near a chickenfarm which could give us all a cobrntihe shared enemy to fife funds end petnits aheibdyv

I bought them all and some for my friends because the price was so tight doggg. If you can’t get with that then maybe you should just go and spend y’all’s money on a cheaper store (which y’all won’t find nowhere) or a better store (which’s don’t exists so don’t try looking).

Whst I do know is there is a nuclear power plant located near a chickenfarm which could give us all a cobrntihe shared enemy to fife funds end petnits aheibdyv

I started typing this, fell asleep through drunkenness and then looked on my own drunken processing. Thought this spirit of love on the processing was worth sharing, edoeciallyy as I have no idea ensy is being unlucky of,

I started typing this, fell asleep through drunkenness and then looked on my own drunken processing. Thought this spirit of love on the processing was worth sharing, edoeciallyy as I have no idea ensy is being unlucky of,

🥃🥃🥃🥃

right there with you, I haven’t fallen asleep yet though, De La Soul is too fly to fall asleep to...

I just ran across this comment and well, I don’t know what happens from here but I know how the movie ends.

Neither here nor there but did you hear about the alleged theft of the idea of the movie from a lesser known one? Can't remember the specifics off hand..

Neither here nor there but did you hear about the alleged theft of the idea of the movie from a lesser known one? Can't remember the specifics off hand..
No, that is disappointing to hear.

As for the current topic, I think the reason these curated title prices seem so ridiculous is because if it is actually the music you are after a single visit to the most basic of record stores can net you practically the whole lot for the cost of 1.5 of these things. Thus, the object is clearly not the music itself.

Back