Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

How the hell are you guys getting responses so quick?
By mailing Matt Fiedler. But to be fair getting a prompt reply is one thing. Getting any kind of actual resolution is quite another.
From me mailing Fiedler to getting a reply and then me replying with the requested information was no longer than 10mins.
Lets see how long their next reply takes.

"I think we have a few replacements". "we might have oversold it"

Why are they not able to open their system, pull up QOTSA and see that there are x copies left? Why don't they know???? With each move they make, they're digging themselves deeper.
My guess is because the warehouse is all the way across the country and their inventory system is unreliable/non-existant.

I liked the conspiracy theory on reddit that VMP is intentionally sending out tons of records to people to entice people to resubscribe again in hopes of getting one of these 26 album mystery grab bags.
I think I may have started that. I was just being a jackass but it’s starting to make people think.

Fiedler Hack works. Just got an email from them like what, 5 minutes after? This shit is hilarious.

As follows

"Hey there,
Terribly sorry for the late reply on this! I went ahead and issued that refund (it was put in incorrectly before), so that should appear soon!
As for that Queens of the Stone Age, can you send over a video of the damages for us? I think we have a few replacement copies left so we should be able to snag one for you.
And with Pinkerton, I am worried that we might have oversold it, but I can't tell at the moment. That one is still waiting to be processed, which is why I am suspicious. While I am waiting for the video, I will do some more digging, but I am so sorry that you have to deal with all of this!
-Paul"

@Mather Email them again. This is utter bull shit for those asking for replacements of QOTSA.

Worked for me too.

M
Which begs the question: What was the point of the migration if not inventory management? It's rhetorical at this point. It can't be answered.
Many many reasons for a migration. Could be tied in with other companies in a group. Putting everyone on same platform. Could be pet project of director, a new supply chain boss wanting it done like in old place. Could be support stopping for existing platform or support getting too expensive.
mom my experience the actual basic of more accurate inventory mgmt isn’t the sole reason. It’s only as good as the folks that use it and the data recorded.
sometimes the new system can be implemented correctly and highlight a million and one problems.
I have to say the issues I am seeing with grossly incorrect orders point to people making it up at shipping end or more likely deliberate sabotage.
I say this cos I’ve seen it before. Mispicks tend to be correct order going to wrong person. Or minor issues in an order.
People getting 26 of one or loads of stuff they never even ordered and which don’t seem to belong to anyone else can’t be put down to a simple mispick.
On the pick lists there will be nothing remotely resembling some of the stuff we are seeing going out.
Hence I am fairly comfortable in claiming sabotage on this.
I’ve experienced it and even had to go “undercover” (for lack of a better word) to expose it in a previous job.
it happens. And one person can wreak a lot of havoc in one shift let alone over a period of weeks.

Matt hack worked for me too.
Got a reply from Pauly.
Says he will get the refunds going for my September and November packages but I had to tell him what the records were.
He also doesn't have a clue if Mobb Deep shipped or not ("there is some weird error with that order on our shipping side, that I don't have a lot of clarity.")
We'll see if the refunds actually come through, doesn't look good, seems like they've really lost access to the info on orders pre-migration.

I could have crafted something more eloquent, but I sent:

"Matt,

I will make this brief and to the point. I am awaiting several responses from your customer service team that have been stalled and generically answered for over a month now.

Please address these concerns ASAP:

1) Seam split on TLC - Fanmail. One CS rep emailed me back and then never responded once photos were sent.

2) Unshipped album - Handsome Boy. I am on the verge of filing a Credit Card/PayPal dispute.

Please address this ASAP. I have been a VMP member for longer than most, and this is utterly unacceptable from any company, no matter what your internal issues are."

Will update if I get a response.

Matt hack worked for me too.
Got a reply from Pauly.
Says he will get the refunds going for my September and November packages but I had to tell him what the records were.
He also doesn't have a clue if Mobb Deep shipped or not ("there is some weird error with that order on our shipping side, that I don't have a lot of clarity.")
We'll see if the refunds actually come through, doesn't look good, seems like they've really lost access to the info on orders pre-migration.
If we can all login to our accounts and see our pre migration orders then surely they can?

Back