Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Migration FAQ updated! I'm sure it's just a coincidence it was posted the same day as Fiedler receiving a dozen "where the fuck is my stuff" emails.

UPDATE 1/8/20

We have shipped the vast majority of orders from Nov and Dec (and earlier). There are some exceptions that include backordered items, orders that include pre-sale items, and a few other edge cases. We are actively resolving those issues on a case-by-case basis and communicating to affected customers directly. Our warehouse has begun and made significant progress in getting January orders shipped. We anticipate a much smoother process this month, and expect shipping timelines to return to normal again next month. We are implementing new features that will make the fulfillment process much more efficient in future months as well.

Our CS reply times are still not where we'd like them to be. Our team is working diligently to answer as many questions as quickly as possible. Some tickets require extensive research, which contributes to delayed reply times. We apologize for the continued delays here but expect things to return to normal in the next few weeks.

It’s not the warehouse’s place to say. They just need to fulfill whatever is written on the order given to them.

And after all, as they do it almost daily now, why should they be surprised? I'm sure someone in the warehouse will soon go and tell their manager "there might be something wrong with VMP, some orders only include one single record!?"

When I got home from work today, I noticed a car in my driveway I didn't recognize.

It was a friend of my wife! With her six-month-old baby (a month younger than my son)! She informed me there was a present for me the kitchen counter to check out.

Now, keep in mind, I told her about VMP a while back, circa Arctic Monkeys.

On my kitchen counter was a VMP copy of Dirty Projectors Bitte Orca. Which I am waiting on and still have not received notification about. She already received TWO. And this is after not receiving QOTSA, but got an extra Aretha for not getting QOTSA for some reason?
Our conversation devolved about what's been happening and I pulled up this exact thread.

Long story short, I expect to see her on these forums REAL soon.

And we have two theories about what is happening with all these people receiving massive boxes of shit they didn't order. In short:

1. Tax fraud (my theory).
2. Someone in the warehouse is either deliberately sabotaging the company or is being told to do this for some unknown reason (her theory).

Thoughts?

When I got home from work today, I noticed a car in my driveway I didn't recognize.

It was a friend of my wife! With her six-month-old baby (a month younger than my son)! She informed me there was a present for me the kitchen counter to check out.

Now, keep in mind, I told her about VMP a while back, circa Arctic Monkeys.

On my kitchen counter was a VMP copy of Dirty Projectors Bitte Orca. Which I am waiting on and still have not received notification about. She already received TWO. And this is after not receiving QOTSA, but got an extra Aretha for not getting QOTSA for some reason?
Our conversation devolved about what's been happening and I pulled up this exact thread.

Long story short, I expect to see her on these forums REAL soon.

And we have two theories about what is happening with all these people receiving massive boxes of shit they didn't order. In short:

1. Tax fraud (my theory).
2. Someone in the warehouse is either deliberately sabotaging the company or is being told to do this for some unknown reason (her theory).

Thoughts?

There's no way a major distribution company like Saddle Creek would survive if they had employees doing this. That's their entire bread and butter and would undermine the entire company if they let this happen. It's clearly something from VMP's side. I still think it may be tax-related as I'm 99% sure that's why they rushed over to Spotify but ... I don't know enough about US taxes to chime in on whether this is due to fraud or not.

There's no way a major distribution company like Saddle Creek would survive if they had employees doing this. That's their entire bread and butter and would undermine the entire company if they let this happen. It's clearly something from VMP's side. I still think it may be tax-related as I'm 99% sure that's why they rushed over to Spotify but ... I don't know enough about US taxes to chime in on whether this is due to fraud or not.

I live in the US and I don't know enough either... buttttttttttttttttt.........
If this stuff were shipped out via error and they took a huge loss... there's gotta be some positive fiduciary outcome?

Migration FAQ updated! I'm sure it's just a coincidence it was posted the same day as Fiedler receiving a dozen "where the fuck is my stuff" emails.

From the Migration FAQ update this is the key part:

"We anticipate a much smoother process this month, and expect shipping timelines to return to normal again next month. "

So with regards to shipping, December was a dumpster fire floating down a river while monkeys hurl feces at it. While January will only be a dumpster fire floating down a river, but the monkeys have run out of feces.

I haven’t received anything since QOTSA and have emailed the info email address with only a stock reply. I’m waiting on Knxwledge, Isley Brothers and Shlohmo. None are out of stock or sold out on their site or limited or pre-sale and I haven’t been reached out to on a one-on-one “case by case” basis. All state unfulfilled on my orders page.

edit: shlohmo is limited to 500 but is still for sale on their site

Last edited:
The line ‘Some tickets require extensive research’ cracks me the fuck up. CS is over here busting out the Bunsen burners and Erlenmeyer flasks trying to figure out what in God’s name is going on.

The line ‘Some tickets require extensive research’ cracks me the fuck up. CS is over here busting out the Bunsen burners and Erlenmeyer flasks trying to figure out what in God’s name is going on.
giphy.gif

Well somebody did say that the move to shopify was because their old system wasn't calculating taxes correctly right? But what would they gain from shipping tons of records to all the wrong people plus taking huge hits from shipping people out tons of separate packages? Some sort of insurance money?

Back