Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

And yet I keep hanging onto the wait for this exclusive instead of just canceling and buying a copy from my local shop. This is starting to feel like the time someone egged our house two Saturdays in a row so my dad sat in his car in the driveway every Saturday night, hoping to catch them. For a year.

VMP is a mess.

I emailed them in response to their email and that human turd Jason responded "We are pretty sure the extra will be something like a signed print."

They aren't even guaranteeing the extra.
The 500-750 numbered people should be getting it, I think everyone who ordered should, just ship them all next month

The 500-750 numbered people should be getting it, I think everyone who ordered should, just ship them all next month
I understand we are getting it. That isn't the issue. The issue is that the email did not clarify any timeline. Am I getting it in July? August? September?

What I said was they are not guaranteeing the signed print.

VMP is a mess.

I emailed them in response to their email and that human turd Jason responded "We are pretty sure the extra will be something like a signed print."

They aren't even guaranteeing the extra.

Is Jason one of the newer CS employees? From my previous digital communications from him, as well as others' that have posted transcripts of his responses on here, he comes off as the most douchey of them.
Does anyone get responses back from Kathleen? Does she even work there anymore? She's seems to be the best of the CS crew.

I understand we are getting it. That isn't the issue. The issue is that the email did not clarify any timeline. Am I getting it in July? August? September?

What I said was they are not guaranteeing the signed print.

Yeah the more I think about this the more I realize the only "update" is the nature of the "extra something," which I really wasn't banking on being anything more than merch.

I get the vibe that they haven’t even begun repressing these yet. So idk what the timeline would be

They'll probably get them soon and then sit on them due to a delay printing the poster. 🙃 Expect emails through November with the subject "Weyes Blood Apology Poster Update."

View attachment 6526

I'm 29 and I just hang them at work. My bay basically just looks like my high school bedroom.
I don't think @Bull Shannon was looking down on framed, concert art prints that are many times signed and numbered by the artist, but moreso when you'd hang posters that you bought for 5 bucks that were clearly just a picture of a band/artist pulled from the internet and printed onto glossy poster paper, directly on the wall using that ticky-tacky stuff in college. Of which the artist doesn't see a penny for.

Whew. That was quite the run-on.

I pre-ordered the Lukas Nelson sclusie and I streamed it today....
Meh, not really my cup of tea, sounds like a sub Tom Petty (I like Tom Petty, btw).
Don't need it on vinyl. I just requested to cancel the order.
I'm thinking of doing the same, pretty meh rock. Band sounds ok, but the voice doesn't do much for me.

I don't think @Bull Shannon was looking down on framed, concert art prints that are many times signed and numbered by the artist, but moreso when you'd hang posters that you bought for 5 bucks that were clearly just a picture of a band/artist pulled from the internet and printed onto glossy poster paper, directly on the wall using that ticky-tacky stuff in college. Of which the artist doesn't see a penny for.

Whew. That was quite the run-on.

Yeah, that bay looks quite nice! I was mainly looking down my nose at 18 year-old me, who had the Neutral Milk Hotel insert, Arcade Fire insert, and unfolded Polyphonic Spree and Fiery Furnaces CD inserts on my wall. I used to be a "any scrap of paper that has some aesthetic appeal goes on the wall" type for sure. Now that I live with my wife and we have to unify our aesthetic, we've moved closer to a "this wall already has one framed postcard on it" approach to wall art. We do shuffle pictures and plants often though, so it's pretty easy to throw new/interesting stuff into the mix.

Sorry, I'm starting to turn this into the home improvement thread. :oops:

Yeah, that bay looks quite nice! I was mainly looking down my nose at 18 year-old me, who had the Neutral Milk Hotel insert, Arcade Fire insert, and unfolded Polyphonic Spree and Fiery Furnaces CD inserts on my wall. I used to be a "any scrap of paper that has some aesthetic appeal goes on the wall" type for sure. Now that I live with my wife and we have to unify our aesthetic, we've moved closer to a "this wall already has one framed postcard on it" approach to wall art. We do shuffle pictures and plants often though, so it's pretty easy to throw new/interesting stuff into the mix.

Sorry, I'm starting to turn this into the home improvement thread. :oops:
I currently have a framed napkin doodle on my living room wall. As long as it's framed it's grown-up art!

Ugh, I don’t really know what to do with these art prints, IMO they’re usually too small in order to hang them up. Would‘ve preferred a Sub Pop Gift Voucher :D

I pre-ordered the Lukas Nelson sclusie and I streamed it today....
Meh, not really my cup of tea, sounds like a sub Tom Petty (I like Tom Petty, btw).
Don't need it on vinyl. I just requested to cancel the order.
I did too, I liked the first single a bit but the last two singles they've released have not interested me at all

I got the email too. So frustrating. I ordered this right when it went on sale on FEBRUARY 13TH. How they think it is acceptable that I won't receive it till 6 months after that at the earliest is baffling to me.

honestly dude thats nothing compared to the people like me who pre ordered J Cole's KOD signed album. the signed covers got damaged in transit, causing them to all need to be re-signed. its been...14 months....FOURTEEN. and Universal Music Group is just like ehhh yeah, we dont know when they're gonna be available.

Hi guys.
So sorry to mention a certain BS vinyl club but....
I have 2 months left and more than likely going to swap the ROTM out for something left in the store. Unless they introduce something completely vital for me.
So, I've got my eyes on Kevin Morby City Music, Mitski and maybe Lapsey.
Can you recommend anything else?

Back