Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Nah, they should have pressed the shortfall and sent them out.
The only reason I would say not to do that was because it was a short run production, this whole thing boils down to who you want to piss off, because you're going to piss off someone. I'n not saying the refund route is the best solution, but in this instance you take the heat and move on, trying to fix this, in my opinion, is making it worse. Your asking for even more fall out with this cock-a-mammy raffle BS.

EDIT: Not to mention what happens when they get damaged albums back from those who got multiples, do they send those out AGAIN just to get more heat from those who missed out in the original shipment and got "subscriber" replacements? To many reasons for more problems, refund and be done with it.

Last edited:
The only reason I would say not to do that was because it was a short run production, this whole thing boils down to who you want to piss off, because you're going to piss off someone. I'n not saying the refund route is the best solution, but in this instance you take the heat and move on, trying to fix this, in my opinion, is making it worse. Your asking for even more fall out with this cock-a-mammy raffle BS.

EDIT: Not to mention what happens when they get damaged albums back from those who got multiples, do they send those out AGAIN just to get more heat from those who missed out in the original shipment and got "subscriber" replacements? To many reasons for more problems, refund and be done with it.

Yeah I have no patience for limited at all. The people who whine about, now my one of 1000 is not special because it’s now one of 1200 are so selfish it’s beyond belief. You repress the shortfall and make it right for your customers.

Yeah I have no patience for limited at all. The people who whine about, now my one of 1000 is not special because it’s now one of 1200 are so selfish it’s beyond belief. You repress the shortfall and make it right for your customers.
Plus what does it matter what number it's limited to? Like they're thinking "Oh no, the number on the back of my copy could potentially be a larger number than before, oh, woe is me!"

Plus what does it matter what number it's limited to? Like they're thinking "Oh no, the number on the back of my copy could potentially be a larger number than before, oh, woe is me!"

They of course had no problem doing it with Weyes Blood... I don't see how this is any different. And Weyes Blood was even more limited.

I mean I go further an would love to see an end to all numbering and limitations on all pressings. If I ever set up a record label therre will be one version of an album in every format and no numbers on them, EVER!

Last edited:
This Adam guy came into the picture in July of last year, which is also when shit began to get really fucky for me and I canceled my subscription the first time. I think I canceled it that August. According to his testimony, by September, they'd already "landed a large partnership deal with a large global conglomerate Retailer" fulfilled their order and then couldn't get paid, so they had to employ the outside services of another company just to fix that. This kickfurther thing states that they sought backing to pay off the label to allow them to do QOTSA, which they couldn't even lock down as being exclusive to them The Soft Bulletin release. Now they are funding another 3 month run up through March? So, is the major difference with this Mobb Deep situation that, in the past, while there were issues, they were often technical/pressing issues with the products themselves, requiring represses, but this time it's 100% their fault, because they just shipped it to the wrong people? So, as far as optics go, they have people investing and fronting money for product that they simply mishandle and it's a pretty sad reason to have to do a repress. It looks REALLY BAD.

I know nothing of business, my friends. That being said, it feels like this dude rolled in talking about his experience in these areas and they immediately let him go to work trying to work different ideas, which force them to rely on outside financing. It's feeling very Fyre Festival the record club.

EDIT:
I interpreted that wrong, at first. The kickfurther was related to October, not November.

"We have an extra special record teed up for October. In order to secure the deal, we need to make a sizable cash payment to the record label (one of the three major record labels)."

They didn't do the kickfurther for QOTSA, it was for the Soft Bulletin and the other 2 Lips releases.

"The POs we are financing with this Kickfurther offering are for our October Essentials track, plus two additional titles by the same band, which will be sold along side the Record of the Month in our Store. "

Last edited:
They of course had no problem doing it with Weyes Blood... I don't see how this is any different. And Weyes Blood was even more limited.

There were issues with Weyes Blood, but it was different. At one point, they said that they couldn't guarantee a repress and that they would likely just select 50% of the names who ordered arbitrarily and send those people the album they'd paid for while the rest of the people were out of luck. The thing about Weyes Blood, though, is that, even if they were accidentally sent to retailers, they still were getting money for product. Sending extra copies to individual members.... you're just fucked. You don't get paid for that. You have to come up with the product or issue refunds

There were issues with Weyes Blood, but it was different. At one point, they said that they couldn't guarantee a repress and that they would likely just select 50% of the names who ordered arbitrarily and send those people the album they'd paid for while the rest of the people were out of luck. The thing about Weyes Blood, though, is that, even if they were accidentally sent to retailers, they still were getting money for product. Sending extra copies to individual members.... you're just fucked. You don't get paid for that. You have to come up with the product or issue refunds

I wonder what would happen if you requested the buckets that the batches of Nat Turner records were in instead?

I wonder what would happen if you requested the buckets that the batches of Nat Turner records were in instead?

I was in the, "you get to wait for your shit, because we prioritized new sales/over sells, over loyal accounts carrying over" bucket. From what I remember, it was a big bucket and I simply don't have room for something like that in my home

Last edited:
This Adam guy came into the picture in July of last year, which is also when shit began to get really fucky for me and I canceled my subscription the first time. I think I canceled it that August. According to his testimony, by September, they'd already "landed a large partnership deal with a large global conglomerate Retailer" fulfilled their order and then couldn't get paid, so they had to employ the outside services of another company just to fix that. This kickfurther thing states that they sought backing to pay off the label to allow them to do QOTSA, which they couldn't even lock down as being exclusive to them. Now they are funding another 3 month run up through March? So, is the major difference with this Mobb Deep situation that, in the past, while there were issues, they were often technical/pressing issues with the products themselves, requiring represses, but this time it's 100% their fault, because they just shipped it to the wrong people? So, as far as optics go, they have people investing and fronting money for product that they simply mishandle and it's a pretty sad reason to have to do a repress. It looks REALLY BAD.

I know nothing of business, my friends. That being said, it feels like this dude rolled in talking about his experience in these areas and they immediately let him go to work trying to work different ideas, which force them to rely on outside financing. It's feeling very Fyre Festival the record club.

This seems to be the story here. In the pursuit of expansion they abandoned everything that made their product strong. Now they are in a short term cash grab situation.

I agree with you on the limited thoughts, I'm just looking at the big picture here, this is by no means the 100% no questions asked way to go about it, but I'm going to choose the route that causes me fewer headaches...........which in my opinion is just refunding the purchase to those who missed out due to the fuck up. Also, the VMP "Make it right" mentality went out the window a long time ago.

Again, just one persons opinion ;)

I'm gonna take the high road on a private comment I got on the raffle being BS and just say this, the raffle, in my opinion, shows what VMP thinks of it's customers/subscribers.

"Hey, give us those back and MAYBE we'll give you this shinny cool thing".........as always, just my opinion folks ;)

Just to clarify, I am not a subscriber, haven't been for well over a year, I do not own this pressing or multiples of it.

Back