Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I apologize if this has been covered already, but apparently store credits can only be used against store purchases. It cannot be used against subscription renewals even if you do an add-on sub for 1 month. Here is the response I received from CS:

“Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry about that. The system has changed and Store Credit is applied to store purchases by default and not renewals. Here is an article with a little more information on using Store Credit:

Vinyl Me, Please

I couldn’t get the link to work, so who knows what garbage they wrote in there.
Couldn't get the link to work either.
Assuming this is true (which is likely is), this may actually be the thing that puts the nail in the coffin for me doing anything other than (or possibly including) my Classics subscription. I've worked in IT management for nearly 10 years and I can tell you that this is 100% a choice and not because any platform tells them to. So VMP decided that they wanted to remove the ability to use credits for membership, there is no way that this is because of the migration or platform leaving them with no choice.
Sigh, once again a shitty management decision that is focusing on short term gain which will cause long term pain. The only reason why you would do this is if these guys are looking to make a pile of quick cash and then sell the company; at least that's the first thing that comes to mind for me: create short term value so that it looks like the company is worth more than it actually is to get investors or a buyer interested.

Couldn't get the link to work either.
Assuming this is true (which is likely is), this may actually be the thing that puts the nail in the coffin for me doing anything other than (or possibly including) my Classics subscription. I've worked in IT management for nearly 10 years and I can tell you that this is 100% a choice and not because any platform tells them to. So VMP decided that they wanted to remove the ability to use credits for membership, there is no way that this is because of the migration or platform leaving them with no choice.
Sigh, once again a shitty management decision that is focusing on short term gain which will cause long term pain. The only reason why you would do this is if these guys are looking to make a pile of quick cash and then sell the company; at least that's the first thing that comes to mind for me: create short term value so that it looks like the company is worth more than it actually is to get investors or a buyer interested.
And not actually announce it, so people who intended to renew on credits automatically renew with their credit card. And my guess is that they will no longer cancel subscriptions early and blame the platform for it.

A response came in regarding sending the Mobb Deep albums back. They provide the shipping label and are, essentially, asking people to return these albums without any verification that they will receive the test pressings that they've requested. The crazy part is that some people seem to be tripping over themselves trying to mail them back, anyway, convinced they are the only person asking for Flight To Brazil and it's going to be theirs without question.

So... yeah, a shipping label is provided and a return is requested with instructions. Then they follow up with

"Really appreciate your help; we have the best customers!

I am currently in North Carolina at our warehouse. When I am back in Denver next week I will reach out to confirm your test pressing and the date of the raffle, which will probably be at the end of next week.
"

source.gif

A response came in regarding sending the Mobb Deep albums back. They provide the shipping label and are, essentially, asking people to return these albums without any verification that they will receive the test pressings that they've requested. The crazy part is that some people seem to be tripping over themselves trying to mail them back, anyway, convinced they are the only person asking for Flight To Brazil and it's going to be theirs without question.

So... yeah, a shipping label is provided and a return is requested with instructions. Then they follow up with

I am currently in North Carolina at our warehouse. When I am back in Denver next week I will reach out to confirm your test pressing and the date of the raffle, which will probably be at the end of next week.
"

source.gif

Good thing about those test pressings is, they've probably never been played. Ha!

Yeah I’d be tempted by the Beach House rice crispies edition test myself just to see if it was crackly as hell too and they just went “fuck it”.

Here's the list of test pressings I'm requesting

Swoosh Dilla
Beach House crispies
Locked groove Gorillaz

Wasn't that Stars album fucked up?

Anything else? I know there was, but I just can't remember

Ask for a test pressing of Mobb Deep.

It crossed my mind.

Another crazy thing is that the label provided is going to Saddle Creek and lists the CFO's name and address in Denver as the return address that it's being mailed from. They don't want to risk these going back to the mailer in any way.

Don't they foresee an issue when they're requesting everyone to send these back with no guarantees, only to result in everyone being pissed after they've shipped them out and don't get what they requested?

"

Who is it that's at the warehouse? Can you tell them to personally package and send my records, please?

It crossed my mind.

Another crazy thing is that the label provided is going to Saddle Creek and lists the CFO's name and address in Denver as the return address that it's being mailed from. They don't want to risk these going back to the mailer in any way.

Don't they foresee an issue when they're requesting everyone to send these back with no guarantees, only to result in everyone being pissed after they've shipped them out and don't get what they requested?
As much as this may irritate some, they should have just said "We fucked up, If you get missed because of our fuck up we'll refund your purchase price".

Who is it that's at the warehouse? Can you tell them to personally package and send my records, please?

This guy

This guy

And the guy who wrote this, which is probably why he's hands on trying to get these albums back

He wrote an interesting testimonial here, too

Back