Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Danny Brown showed up yesterday so I think that’s the last album I was waiting for from VMP since cancelling the second time. Freedom! All kidding aside, did I read correctly that old members can no longer reactivate a monthly account?? If that’s the case I might seriously be done with them for good. They would have to pull something really special from their asses to get me to sign up for 3 months. Even then I don’t trust them to not fuck it up or at the very least follow with two months of picks that I would want. I would probably just try to sweet talk someone here into grabbing something for me.
I am waiting for my last 2 albums before tasting that sweet freedom myself.

I ordered the Fiona Apple Idler Wheel on Black Friday. As an experiment I chose the option for $4.95 to "ship now".

You can probably guess what is happening. You probably don't need to read the rest of this post....lol

I haven't gotten any notifications about anything shipping etc. Suddenly I saw on Informed Delivery that I had a record coming. It ended up being The Rolling Stones album I pre-ordered. The BS email from support said I would get notifications that stuff has shipped....nope. Doesn't happen.

The Stones order also shows Unfulfilled on the VMP orders page. I understand the concept of stuff getting worse before it gets better but this really sucks. VMP makes a fine product but the headaches involved in getting it are beginning to outweigh the splendor of their releases. IMO, anyway.

I want Fiona, dammit.

So they sent me Mobb Deep by itself when I had 4 others. And yes I just got one. Then swaps closed and Aretha made 5 unfulfilled. 3 of these album's are known to be in the warehouse (Stones, Blossom Dearie and replacement Brubeck).

Yet today I get a shipping notice for a single record, the Aretha ROTM. 🙄

So they sent me Mobb Deep by itself when I had 4 others. And yes I just got one. Then swaps closed and Aretha made 5 unfulfilled. 3 of these album's are known to be in the warehouse (Stones, Blossom Dearie and replacement Brubeck).

Yet today I get a shipping notice for a single record, the Aretha ROTM. 🙄

You're doing better than me at the moment. I get seven records outstanding including Aretha and Mobb Deep, none of which have shipped.

So, show of hands: How many people here are actively hoping VMP fails entirely? As in, has to shut the doors and file for bankruptcy?

Some of the (entirely deserved) public interactions this week have been near-tactical in aim and scope...
After I cancelled, I just wanted VMP to improve and be better for the people who were still on board. But given that they have shown almost no signs that that will happen anytime soon, I'd rather their subscribers know that this company isn't going to benefit them in the long run.

I don't hold ill will towards anyone who buys from VMP and never have. But they deserve better and if VMP refuses to do better, then it seems like the only option is to raise awareness until they can't handwave it away anymore.

Last edited:
Whomever it was, you are my hero for the day.

I hate that response. "I don't know" How about this as a better response: "I am not sure, but that's a really great question/idea - let me look into that for you and I'll get back to you"

I've been in customer service for 25+ years and I've always been taught that the answer is always "I don't know, BUT let me find out for you". Storf's non-answers always drive me crazy.

When the forum went down, a ton of people were over on reddit insulting us and claiming that the members were toxic and VMP were heroes that needed to shut it down.
Trust me, this bothered a lot of people, so much so, THIS community raised how much and was up and running in what? Less than 48 hours...........

Time stays long enough for anyone who will use it - Leonardo da Vinci

So, show of hands: How many people here are actively hoping VMP fails entirely? As in, has to shut the doors and file for bankruptcy?

Some of the (entirely deserved) public interactions this week have been near-tactical in aim and scope...
Regardless of a show of hands, VMP is doing this to itself, they just refuse to see it and have always turned a deaf ear to those trying to help them become a better product. Not to mention, IF and when it gets to the point of no return, someone will utter these words "I don't know what we did wrong"

Back