Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I at first read this as “formal letter” and was actually hopeful that response times were improving this way.

Ha, nope:

We wanted to let you know that we're running a bit behind on answering your email. We're receiving more requests than we typically do, and we're working hard to get to your inquiry as quickly as we possibly can.

Thanks for your patience and for bearing with us. You rule.

xoxo,

- VMP Support

Whats funny to me is that I've never been one to go to Reddit for anything, but when I head over there for some light reading on the current events, I can't help but think that Reddit was supposed to be the solution to all the "Toxic" issues of the old site............they thought Reddit would be easier to manage, the Reddit is getting worse than, if its not already, than the old forum EVER was.

They made their bed......

Whats funny to me is that I've never been one to go to Reddit for anything, but when I head over there for some light reading on the current events, I can't help but think that Reddit was supposed to be the solution to all the "Toxic" issues of the old site............they thought Reddit would be easier to manage, the Reddit is getting worse than, if its not already, than the old forum EVER was.

It's like they never bothered to read about Reddit's reputation...

gotta love "we all know shit's fucked" as an official statement
FWIW, not an "official" statement - the post was made by me, after the other mods and I (who are not officially affiliated with, or obligated to, anyone at VMP) decided it was the best course of action. It's not in any way written or endorsed by VMP themselves

and they can't just close reddit with 2 days notice :ROFLMAO::giggle:

It's like they never bothered to read about Reddit's reputation...
Going to Reddit for a more friendly and accepting customer experience is akin to getting a massage from a Mountain Lion... Sure, it's cheap (what does a Mountain Lion know about money) but it's DEFINITELY going to bite your fucking head off at some point.

Last edited:
Going to Reddit for a more friendly and accepting customer experience is akin to getting a massage from a Mountain Lion... Sure, it's cheap (because what does a Mountain Lion know about money) but it's DEFINITELY going to bite your fucking head off at some point.
Note to self, cancel what I assumed was a legitimate massage from a local "cougar"...

What makes this even worse for customers is the above - they can communicate tons with investors, just not with customers. So, they're completely spitting in the face of the customers and daring you all to continue to just give them your money.

What makes it even worse than that is, despite all of the "not my department" bullshit, every time they do a sweeping change like killing the grandfathered in one months or forcing you to stick with your first swaption, both Storf and Pauly openly admit to knowing about the changes coming and saying nothing. They only respond after someone posts about it and then explain how they did it for your benefit. When someone inevitably asks if they couldn't have given us a heads up -- you know, since they are literally on reddit discussing the situations before hand and intentionally leaving this information out -- they respond with some bullshit about how they will forward the suggestion to the team, as if it's some left field fucking idea

Going to Reddit for a more friendly and accepting customer experience is akin to getting a massage from a Mountain Lion... Sure, it's cheap (because what does a Mountain Lion know about money) but it's DEFINITELY going to bite your fucking head off at some point.

Its another sign that they have the DUDEBRO startup mentality instead of actual fucking business acumen because any company that raised the idea of letting its PR image be shaped by the tides of reddit would have that person laughed out of the meeting.

Im honestly surprised dead_c's post hasnt made it to r/subredditdrama

Looks like Dead_c really rocked the boat over there this time

giphy.gif

Its another sign that they have the DUDEBRO startup mentality instead of actual fucking business acumen because any company that raised the idea of letting its PR image be shaped by the tides of reddit would have that person laughed out of the meeting.

Im honestly surprised dead_c's post hasnt made it to r/subredditdrama
Is @Dead C 's post in here anywhere? If not, please oh please share with us.

I really hope you revel in all this. Cause I sure am having a fun time reading the responses people are making.

Yeah. I want a fire.

Look, I'll be upfront about this. I don't like Storf. He's always been a dick to me. He always has other people backing him so that, even if you're right and have good intentions, you get dismissed by defenders. I also hate how they shut the forum down and I'm not over it. What I am is patient. I'm always going to hit them in the mouth if the situation presents itself. This is just reddit. It doesn't matter. And I'll admit that I've butted heads on the old forum and even on here with people. But, if you look at most of those situations, they came from the fact that I hate when people get gaslighted or attacked by mobs for asking legitimate questions or having concerns. Nobody should be dismissed the way that this company and their minions swarm people. Storf's only action is to dismiss members, play the victim, and act like they are overreacting and unable to please. "My credit card was overcharged 15 times." "They're gonna yell no matter what the context." There's a lot of victim blaming and a lot of victim playing.

I was really fortunate to be able to interview David Berman once, right after Silver Jews broke up 10 years ago. He said a few things that have stuck with me since. One of them was "People seem to spend a lot of time defending the feelings of the rich and powerful. "

So, yeah, they can gnaw on a hot iron dick. People deserve to have their feelings validated and not shit on. When the forum went down, a ton of people were over on reddit insulting us and claiming that the members were toxic and VMP were heroes that needed to shut it down. I took it personally. Now, a lot of those same people are the most angry and it's because they know that they've been duped. I've said it before, but I believe that the appeal of reddit was the fact that there are rarely any stagnant posts allowed to grow with the front page constantly scrolling down. If there's an issue, downvote the shit out of it and keep it scrolling. Have someone post about how swell that new Classics album is and how Storf really "killed it" again this time. High five!!! Those posts are still coming, but they look comically out of place in the midst of a shit show. Now the front page is nothing but a scrolling fiasco. One disaster after the other. I understand the mods' desire to consolidate that in a thread, because that's only for redunant posts. There are so many new issues everyday this isn't going to let up until something is done about it.

But... in the end, all that I did was ask some questions. I didn't do anything crazy.

Last edited:
Back