Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Going to Reddit for a more friendly and accepting customer experience is akin to getting a massage from a Mountain Lion... Sure, it's cheap (what does a Mountain Lion know about money) but it's DEFINITELY going to bite your fucking head off at some point.

I just cannot not read this without a John Oliver voice in my head.

Yeah. I want a fire.

Look, I'll be upfront about this. I don't like Storf. He's always been a dick to me. He always has other people backing him so that, even if you're right and have good intentions, you get dismissed by defenders. I also hate how they shut the forum down and I'm not over it. What I am is patient. I'm always going to hit them in the mouth if the situation presents itself. This is just reddit. It doesn't matter. And I'll admit that I've butted heads on the old forum and even on here with people. But, if you look at most of those situations, they came from the fact that I hate when people get gaslighted or attacked by mobs for asking legitimate questions or having concerns. Nobody should be dismissed the way that this company and their minions swarm people. Storf's only action is to dismiss members, play the victim, and act like they are overreacting and unable to please. "My credit card was overcharged 15 times." "They're gonna yell no matter what the context." There's a lot of victim blaming and a lot of victim playing.

I was really fortunate to be able to interview David Berman once, right after Silver Jews broke up 10 yeas ago. He said a few things that have stuck with me since. One of them was "People seem to spend a lot of time defending the feelings of the rich and powerful. "

So, yeah, they can gnaw on a hot iron dick. People deserve to have their feelings validated and not shit on. When the forum went down, a ton of people were over on reddit insulting us and claiming that the members were toxic and VMP were heroes that needed to shut it down. I took it personally. Now, a lot of those same people are the most angry and it's because they know that they've been duped. I've said it before, but I believe that the appeal of reddit was the fact that there are rarely any stagnant posts allowed to grow with the front page constantly scrolling down. If there's an issue, downvote the shit out of it and keep it scrolling. Have someone post about how swell that new Classics album is and how Storf really "killed it" again this time. High five!!! Those posts are still coming, but they look comically out of place in the midst of a shit show. Now the front page is nothing but a scrolling fiasco. One disaster after the other. I understand the mods' desire to consolidate that in a thread, because that's only for redunant posts. There are so many new issues everyday this isn't going to let up until something is done about it.

But... in the end, all that I did was ask some questions. I didn't do anything crazy.

Reddit is nothing more than a popularity contest. It’s hilarious to look at a members post history and see them arguing against themselves in two different threads simply because one post is being upvoted and one is being downvoted.

He's always been a dick. I don't honestly how so many people support or like him.

I feel like he never liked me from the jump, because I didn't treat him like a fucking superstar. It's the same thing that happened when I met NoName, I just approached her like a normal person who wasn't starstruck and, when I reached out my hand, she just stared at it and didn't shake it. If Storf got something wrong, I'd correct it. A lot of us know about music here/there. If I'd ask a simple question about a release, he'd literally fucking ignore me. Someone else asks the same question and he'd respond. It was bizarre and I determined that it was all ego based. People treat that company like stars. The fact that someone at the company communicates with them at all excites people, but he's just a figurehead signing autographs. People wonder why Storf is the face of the company and it's been established that they don't ask him to be and he doesn't need to be on there. Then others post about how bad they feel for him being in that position. He's there because he likes his ego stroked. Now he's getting downvoted. A HUGE tide has shifted over the last week or two.

The last time Storf finally responded to me was when I had a critique about their hip hop writer's piece. That's when he decided to explain some things about race to me, while continuing to be a white dude living in the most segregated state in the US. He nobly rushed to the one black staff member's defense to check another brown man about how racism works. When I responded to point out all of the points which weren't accurate... the usual crickets.

Anyone else without their November records ? Also new site doesn’t have tracking and just says fulfilled. I would just email support but I will ring in the new year before then.

I know for a fact that you aren't the only one without your November records, but I wish you luck with getting a response from "support"

Anyone else without their November records ? Also new site doesn’t have tracking and just says fulfilled. I would just email support but I will ring in the new year before then.

Me. I did get two shipping notifications for Charlie Brown Christmas and Caribou yesterday. But I am still waiting on Jeff Buckley, Dave Brubeck, mobb deep and of course actually receiving any of them.

Whats funny to me is that I've never been one to go to Reddit for anything, but when I head over there for some light reading on the current events, I can't help but think that Reddit was supposed to be the solution to all the "Toxic" issues of the old site............they thought Reddit would be easier to manage, the Reddit is getting worse than, if its not already, than the old forum EVER was.

They made their bed......
They really over estimated the power trying to orchestrate a down vote. I bet they wish they we're a "small company" now, lol.

People saying "they can't repress it, it's limited to 1000" clearly aren't familiar with VMP's oeuvre
I was one of those. Although very familiar with VMP's nonsense, I wanted to bring that up for the audience there. I do take issue with how often VMP's "numbered" and "limited to" issues come up. Mostly just pointing out yet another regular QC fail from VMP.

Danny Brown showed up yesterday so I think that’s the last album I was waiting for from VMP since cancelling the second time. Freedom! All kidding aside, did I read correctly that old members can no longer reactivate a monthly account?? If that’s the case I might seriously be done with them for good. They would have to pull something really special from their asses to get me to sign up for 3 months. Even then I don’t trust them to not fuck it up or at the very least follow with two months of picks that I would want. I would probably just try to sweet talk someone here into grabbing something for me.

Danny Brown showed up yesterday so I think that’s the last album I was waiting for from VMP since cancelling the second time. Freedom! All kidding aside, did I read correctly that old members can no longer reactivate a monthly account?? If that’s the case I might seriously be done with them for good. They would have to pull something really special from their asses to get me to sign up for 3 months. Even then I don’t trust them to not fuck it up or at the very least follow with two months of picks that I would want. I would probably just try to sweet talk someone here into grabbing something for me.
Yes, this is correct. if you try to re-subscribe you will have to do so for a minimum of 3 months now. I'm a little nervous for that as I think I heard Feb essentials is hip hop? Their hip hop essentials have been really good so I don't think I'm going to want to miss that.

I was one of those. Although very familiar with VMP's nonsense, I wanted to bring that up for the audience there. I do take issue with how often VMP's "numbered" and "limited to" issues come up. Mostly just pointing out yet another regular QC fail from VMP.

Yeah, didn't mean to come off as attacking anyone's comments, just saw an opportunity to make a snarky comment at VMP's expense and took it!

Last edited:
So I was going through my VMP purchases. I think there might be a fire sale of lots of Jazz classics in the New Year amongst other things. I’m so sick of limited editions and FOMO and buying records I don’t want because someone else thinks I should have them. Fuck this hype machine and “collector first” mentality.

Here.
And I hate (and am suspicious about) the fact that the site makes it harder to check your order (did it ship? Where's the tracking? When is it to supposed to ship?).
I just want my pending orders cancelled and my money back.

Back