Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So blame Gz?

And not enough protection

Thats my outlook. Blame the pressing plant, blame the warehouse (Saddle Creek is awful in may ways) but this is not one of my biggest complaints about VMP. I probably have gotten between 80 - 100 records from them this year and I can only think of a couple with significant warps. It's probably more to do with SCs storing, packing, and shipping which, the farther you live away, the more chance you're getting warped records.

Not that VMP is without blame. They chose Saddle Creek and continue to work with them despite the many many fuck ups. VMP makes enough fuck ups on their own without needing to take the blame for their warehouse as well. Would love to see them get a new fulfillment partner.

Thats my outlook. Blame the pressing plant, blame the warehouse (Saddle Creek is awful in may ways) but this is not one of my biggest complaints about VMP. I probably have gotten between 80 - 100 records from them this year and I can only think of a couple with significant warps. It's probably more to do with SCs storing, packing, and shipping which, the farther you live away, the more chance you're getting warped records.

Not that VMP is without blame. They chose Saddle Creek and continue to work with them despite the many many fuck ups. VMP makes enough fuck ups on their own without needing to take the blame for their warehouse as well. Would love to see them get a new fulfillment partner.

I don’t believe any of the blame they put on SC, absolute easy target whipping boys. GZ yeah they’re not the most diligent we all know that but they keep going back time and time again...

I'm in the same boat. I still have an OG yearly plan, and I like the classics picks. I don't really mess with the store anymore and will sometimes do an add-on if it intrigues me.
This is my philosophy at the moment. I'm happy with $23/track and am trying to be very disciplined with any additional exclusives from the store.

"VMP Treatment".

Dr. Doo-doo-little

giphy.gif

Last edited:
For those that have received Mobb Deep, did you getting shipping notification? I'm wondering how SOL I am.

Like some others here, I got two Coltrane albums (received days apart). So, I guess Karma would say that I don't deserve Mobb Deep.

Completely unrelated, when my mail carrier handed me the second Coltrane box he said "Enjoy all of those records man, it's the best way to listen to music." So, maybe it's time to pump the breaks on the records anyway?

Yes, shipping notification was sent last week. Do you not have anything on your orders page, assuming it's working?

Reactions: mgp
For those that have received Mobb Deep, did you getting shipping notification? I'm wondering how SOL I am.

Like some others here, I got two Coltrane albums (received days apart). So, I guess Karma would say that I don't deserve Mobb Deep.

Completely unrelated, when my mail carrier handed me the second Coltrane box he said "Enjoy all of those records man, it's the best way to listen to music." So, maybe it's time to pump the breaks on the records anyway?

My postman is a collector. We've given each other records before

I don't have a shipping notification either, it appears on my order page. But I don't think anything was sent yet.

Reactions: mgp
I still dont have access to my tracks and nothing is showing up as billed, yet I have been assured by CS that I am getting BB, Aretha and a manual swap for Charlie Brown Christmas. This is me being confident in that assurance... :sick:

I was going to offer him my extra Coltrane.

Mobb Deep is on my order page, but with the same USPS number as Coltrane and (almost) every other order I've ever placed.

I actually ordered a Sister Gertrude Morgan for my mailman, after looking through his discogs -- he wrote it on one of my packages. He brought me an Art Pepper record the next day.

Back