Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a cache/server issue and will refresh sometime overnight.

Somebody on Reddit is mad because his Run DMC order turned into fucking Saba and like, dude. I wish my records would randomly turn into Saba. These student loans ain't gonna pay themselves.

Maybe I should sell my Saba 🤔

Well, not surprisingly I have paid for three tracks and am now being told by the website that I haven't paid for Aretha and that I'm not getting it. It'll get fixed I'm sure but SHOCKING that the track that wouldn't allow me to swap is the same one that has glitched out and isn't working. Also shocking that they still took the money for said glitched out track...

Last edited:
@NathanRicaud , I know you are perfectly happy with VMP and how they run their business and that's your prerogative and I'm not picking on you, honest, but this comment is exactly why they're still in business and why it'll never change. This is without a doubt the mentality of the majority of their customer base. ONLY 30%??? It's your hard earned money my friend, you DON'T have to accept it, not from VMP or any other retailer. Think about it, how many warped albums have to exist for YOU to have a 30% average?

Again, this isn't meant as an "attack", you're a great part of this community and this community has always been about helping it's members, it's one of the best parts and my favorite part of this community, gear, album & music choices, even personal problems, the core of this place helps each other...........and that's all I'm trying to do.
Mmmmm I totally know where you’re coming from! But I guess I’m just used to warps not only from VMP but from so much other places I buy my vinyl from, especially with new releases! My Tyler The Creator IGOR Vinyl was warped, my Lana Del Rey Norman Fucking Rockwell Vinyl was warped and my Charli XCX Charli Vinyl was warped. I got Tyler The Creator and Lana Del Aretha directly from their site. I’ve got Michael Kiwanuka on the way, and there’s a good chance one of the two discs will be warped. Even one of discs of my Prince’s Originals was severely warped. Like, literally, so much vinyl I buy nowadays is warped. Urban Outfitters as well, like 30-40% of their vinyl are warped. BlueNote80 - same thing, around 20%-30% of their discs are warped 😔😢🤦‍♂️

I think production is just out of control. Like I said before, Blue Note Tone Poet, Analogue Productions and MoFi have all been flawless. All the records I got from RSD 2019 were flawless too! And most new releases I get are very good too!

But damn, like so much vinyl I buy is warped. I just kinda accept it, unless it’s an extremely bad warp. And of course, surface noise/distortion matters the most!

I really appreciate your input too. I’m reading all the comments and am listening. I definitely understand where you’re coming from. I guess I don’t help the quality control situation by just being a bit “meh” towards it. But......I’m going to spend just less on vinyl overall from the 1st of January, 2020! 😇

That's the issue here, that you believe that you have to
No, i will most of the times still report it. It’s poor customer service with Amazon US and Urban Outfitters and with some of the artists’ websites. So I’m kinda slowing down with my purchases with that. Such a hassle with returns and I always have to pay extra. I still get a lot of vinyl unwarped professionally and I’m happy to do that. Good thing is, VMP will give me credits or will send a replacement (without asking me to send the record back), so it’s great for me in that sense!

No rips at all! 🙅‍♂️👊🤧

I like tapered fit, classic fit, slim fit, dad fit, skinny fit, but NEVER super skinny fit 🤮

I just like the kinda original look if you know what I mean 🙂

What about flares? Could you go for a full on pair of bell bottoms? I can’t have slim fit, never mind skinny or super skinny, they won’t go up over my thighs lmao!

What about flares? Could you go for a full on pair of bell bottoms? I can’t have slim fit, never mind skinny or super skinny, they won’t go up over my thighs lmao!
What do you mean the skinny jeans won’t go up your thighs!!! You must have super muscly thighs like the hulk!!!

I haven’t really explore flares. I guess it’s more common for woman to wear that style of pant! I just don’t think it’ll suit my look either, but I do actually like them overall! They must be simple though, not have any patterns or lines or bling bling on them. Otherwise it’s just too much!

What do you mean the skinny jeans won’t go up your thighs!!! You must have super muscly thighs like the hulk!!!

I haven’t really explore flares. I guess it’s more common for woman to wear that style of pant! I just don’t think it’ll suit my look either, but I do actually like them overall! They must be simple though, not have any patterns or lines or bling bling on them. Otherwise it’s just too much!

Flares were where it was at when I was a teenager/early 20s!

I wish I was muscly, I just have big thighs, it was even the same back in my early 20s when I was only 9.5/10 stone. I wish I was still that weight...

I just have big thighs, it was even the same back in my early 20s when I was only 9.5/10 stone. I wish I was still that weight...

Now I'm imagining you wearing these...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Flares were where it was at when I was a teenager/early 20s!

I wish I was muscly, I just have big thighs, it was even the same back in my early 20s when I was only 9.5/10 stone. I wish I was still that weight...
Yeah, I’m looking up flares and I love the look of them in general. I’d definitely spend a lot of money on a really good pair and just have them as my signature flares and wear them!

Why don’t you try and lose weight then? See a personal trainer! That’s what I do! It is expensive and I do live with my parents, so I can’t really talk. But, I feel really good and I don’t want to sound like a flog, but I’ve got a really good body! And I also order YouFoodz - delivery healthy pre-prepared food service meal thing. The food is so good and healthy. You don’t have to care obviously about fitness and losing weight etc, but in my opinion it’s great when you look good physically and have a healthy lifestyle!

Yeah, I’m looking up flares and I love the look of them in general. I’d definitely spend a lot of money on a really good pair and just have them as my signature flares and wear them!

Why don’t you try and lose weight then? See a personal trainer! That’s what I do! It is expensive and I do live with my parents, so I can’t really talk. But, I feel really good and I don’t want to sound like a flog, but I’ve got a really good body! And I also order YouFoodz - delivery healthy pre-prepared food service meal thing. The food is so good and healthy. You don’t have to care obviously about fitness and losing weight etc, but in my opinion it’s great when you look good physically and have a healthy lifestyle!

Im fine Nathan, I’ve no interest in being a gym dude and I can cook. Personal trainers and pre-prepared food is money I don’t need or want to spend. Plus I’m 36, I couldn’t be that weight again without emaciating myself and that’s not a good look!

Last edited:
Im fine Nathan, I’ve no interest in being a gym dude and I can cook. Personal trainers and pre-prepared food is money I don’t need or want to spend. Plus I’m 36, I could be that weight again without emaciaring myself and that’s not a good look!
Mmmmm it’s definitely better cooking! Yeah, no need to spend money on it. It’s a luxury. Like it’s pretty uncommon for people to even have a personal trainer they see as often as I do. And, I’m lazy, that’s kind of why I have a personal trainer. I honestly do it because I want a good body so I feel more attractive and so I also feel just more confident in clothes, confidence in general etc

Like in the end, who cares what you look like 🤷‍♂️

Mmmmm it’s definitely better cooking! Yeah, no need to spend money on it. It’s a luxury. Like it’s pretty uncommon for people to even have a personal trainer they see as often as I do. And, I’m lazy, that’s kind of why I have a personal trainer. I honestly do it because I want a good body so I feel more attractive and so I also feel just more confident in clothes, confidence in general etc

Like in the end, who cares what you look like 🤷‍♂️

I mean you live at home. I’m sure there is healthy home made food there for you every evening anyway. So more insanely profligate. What will you do when you have to move out of home?

I mean you live at home. I’m sure there is healthy home made food there for you every evening anyway. So more insanely profligate. What will you do when you have to move out of home?
Yeah, I have my mums cooking every night! I love it! I just don’t bring that food for lunch the next day anymore. That’s when I have the pre-prepared healthy meals. Only for lunch! And I usually do a smoothie for breakfast or a healthy Rap, or a healthy shot etc. But always mums cooking for dinner 😋

When I move out of home, I’ll be eating out for dinner all the time, even if it’s by myself! There’s so much good food in Melbourne, and I’m more than happy to splurge my money on it! It just means I won’t have money for other things like personal training or vinyl etc, as I’ll probably be working in a cafe/blue collar job.

But yeah, I’ll always be eating out! Unless I meet someone who loves cooking and then we can cook together. We can start off easy with Hello fresh, then get more ambitious and do more difficult recipes without assistance 😊

I love people cooking for me though 😂😂😂🙈🧸

Yeah, I have my mums cooking every night! I love it! I just don’t bring that food for lunch the next day anymore. That’s when I have the pre-prepared healthy meals. Only for lunch! And I usually do a smoothie for breakfast or a healthy Rap, or a healthy shot etc. But always mums cooking for dinner 😋

When I move out of home, I’ll be eating out for dinner all the time, even if it’s by myself! There’s so much good food in Melbourne, and I’m more than happy to splurge my money on it! It just means I won’t have money for other things like personal training or vinyl etc, as I’ll probably be working in a cafe/blue collar job.

But yeah, I’ll always be eating out! Unless I meet someone who loves cooking and then we can cook together. We can start off easy with Hello fresh, then get more ambitious and do more difficult recipes without assistance 😊

I love people cooking for me though 😂😂😂🙈🧸

You should learn to cook. It’s enjoyable, destressing (that onion is so my bosses head) and you can pop some tunes on in the background. Then the sense of achievement at the end is awesome.

Back