Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

As far as having stock of some of this stuff that has been long "sold out", I would bet a chunk of this is taken from replacement copy designations (as some have mentioned) as well as extra stock that VMP has on hand for "other purposes". (I will get to this term in a second)

I would compare it to another company in a different segment of the entertainment industry, Limited Run Games. They publish small runs of physical copies of indie video games that otherwise would only get a digital download version. They sell in limited quantities (or have a limited "open pre-order" window), and they usually go quickly. They, like VMP, keep back about 10% of their stock for replacements. However, they also most definitely order more stock for themselves, as they often have booths at gaming conventions (like PAX or several big gaming expos around the US).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like VMP does the occasional pop-up shop through the year? This could mean that some stock goes around to these events, and thus an extras might end up back in the store.

Jinx by Crumb is back up!

How did they still have some Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers? That was what, 2-3 years ago? Throwback Tuesday?

they discovered storf had been hoarding copies of previous releases to build his dream 9.2 atmos surround sound system...

Can anyone remind me what the issues were with The Comet is Coming? Just warped or bad sound too?

Looks like a few copies of Oriental Jazz got in there, too. Do I snag one? Or was did that Now Again repress actually surface yet?

Snagged Al Green and Saxophone Colossus. Shit I was expecting them to pull something like this for a Black Friday sale, but I guess they figured they could just throw it all out there at their regular prices and everyone would jump. Well played, VMP. Well played.

Can anyone remind me what the issues were with The Comet is Coming? Just warped or bad sound too?

Mine looked and sounded perfect. I think some people got warped copies, so you'll just have to roll the dice and see what you get.

Are they still adding stuff or is this all of it? I still have dreams that somone at Saddle Creek stumbles upon a dusty box filled with copies of Flight to Brazil.

Edit: JJ Doom is also back in stock. It's a good album y'all, go get it.

Back