Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah, Im all for criticizing VMPs BS inventory system but they're finding these items while Fixing the system. So seems a step in the right direction. Though I do feel for those who were F-ed over.

I won’t believe that they are no longer just “working on it” until there is tangible evidence on our side, their logistics has been too much of a shit show for far too long for them to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

lol - the idea that they don't scan the items into inventory and out of inventory is hilarious. They've used these excuses ("hey, look what we found in our warehouse in some dark corner under the rug") many many times over. Any basic warehouse inventory system counts what's in and out. It's the most basic of spreadsheet functions. This is a multi-million dollar company that's claiming to not be able to count how much of their product they have.

lol - the idea that they don't scan the items into inventory and out of inventory is hilarious. They've used these excuses ("hey, look what we found in our warehouse in some dark corner under the rug") many many times over. Any basic warehouse inventory system counts what's in and out. It's the most basic of spreadsheet functions. This is a multi-million dollar company that's claiming to not be able to count how much of their product they have.
My guess is that they don't have the "reserved for replacement" copies in their main inventory system for sales on the website.

Not to defend them, but this strikes me as their computerized inventory said 0 whereas there was a box somewhere in the warehouse that had some copies that were set aside. Now, should they have reached out to those who had replacement requests? Sure, but that would require a lot of going through CS tickets that I doubt they want to do at this point.

Yeah, it's pretty clear from talking with CS that no one has any idea what's going on. So, someone is posting additional inventory without even communicating with the CS.

It's honestly impressive how long VMP has survived with this level of organizational incompetency. None of this stuff is even remotely difficult from a logistics perspective.

Wait, people here have jobs? I enjoy lurking these forums, but based on how much time grown adults spend on here whining about their spinning music discs, I always assumed most of the posters were virgins who lived in their mom's basements lol.

and yet here you are hanging out with us.....sigh

I won’t believe that they are no longer just “working on it” until there is tangible evidence on our side, their logistics has been too much of a shit show for far too long for them to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Fair. Trust me, I go back and forth with CS every month with this BS so I'm definitely not one to let them off the hook.

Yeah, it's pretty clear from talking with CS that no one has any idea what's going on. So, someone is posting additional inventory without even communicating with the CS.

It's honestly impressive how long VMP has survived with this level of organizational incompetency. None of this stuff is even remotely difficult from a logistics perspective.
yep, that sounds exactly right.

My guess is that they don't have the "reserved for replacement" copies in their main inventory system for sales on the website.

That would be dumb, but let's say that's true. They still have to have a count of it somewhere and to not give people replacements and post things for sale because they "didn't know they had these" is ridiculous.

That would be dumb, but let's say that's true. They still have to have a count of it somewhere and to not give people replacements and post things for sale because they "didn't know they had these" is ridiculous.
Never said it was a good idea, but having followed them for a bit its true to form and explains some of the CS/inventory issues. Should they do so? Absolutely not, but basic inventory management is something that people, VMP included, seem to struggle with

Probably third-party fulfillment/warehousing. I doubt their warehouse is in Colorado.

Never said it was a good idea, but having followed them for a bit its true to form and explains some of the CS/inventory issues. Should they do so? Absolutely not, but basic inventory management is something that people, VMP included, seem to struggle with

I'm choosing to believe they have basic inventory software and scanners for barcodes. I'm also choosing to believe they have the associated software that updates whenever they scan items in and out. I'm also choosing to believe that a company that has repeatedly been less than truthful isn't telling the truth when they say they just all of a sudden discovered these records were lying around.

I'm choosing to believe they have basic inventory software and scanners for barcodes. I'm also choosing to believe they have the associated software that updates whenever they scan items in and out. I'm also choosing to believe that a company that has repeatedly been less than truthful isn't telling the truth when they say they just all of a sudden discovered these records were lying around.

See my post above. Most smaller e-commerce companies don't rent/own their own warehouses and fulfillment centers. They probably have a third-party company that ships their stuff out in a different state.

See my post above. Most smaller e-commerce companies don't rent/own their own warehouses and fulfillment centers. They probably have a third-party company that ships their stuff out in a different state.

Their warehouse is in NC. Saddle Creek Logistics handles fulfillment. So yeah, you're right.

They don’t probably, they actually do, it’s stored and shipped by saddle creek logistics in NC.

Their warehouse is in NC. Saddle Creek Logistics handles fulfillment. So yeah, you're right.

Yes - it therefore makes even less sense that they wouldn't have accurate stock counts

They don’t probably, they actually do, it’s stored and shipped by saddle creek logistics in NC.

Gotcha. Been a while since I've gotten a VinylMe delivery, but my point is... it's pretty believable that a company in Colorado might not have a very tight grip on their inventory when it's located on the other side of the country...

Yes - it therefore makes even less sense that they wouldn't have accurate stock counts

Exactly a large scale, professional logistics company clearly has to have the raw data available to feed to them, whether they are capable of processing it is highly doubtful, they still don’t appear to have gotten any adults into the room!

Back