Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So given Weyes Blood another clean. Like I did before I initially played it. And you know what... it does sound better. When I sit in the room next to it. Not in the same room. It sounds poor in that room. Slowing down on string parts. Like a warp. Because it was warped. But how would I, a record collector with 2,000 + records be able to ascertain that.

Try drinking a glass of water.

Try drinking a glass of water.

That fixed them. Wow! Thanks @TCell as I was considering buying one of those Vinyl Flats that @Mather owns.

But actually it was the perfect customer service response as it frees me from giving a damn what their albums of the months are. It was liberating. Was considering going back in to pick up Art Blakey and getting the brush off wasn’t unexpected (used a non-static brush to clean my warp too. Was as useful as the glass of water) as others have got it before. There are loads of albums that would get more play than their selections and that copy of Emancipation by Prince looks far less expensive when compared with a single month international record. They’ve done me a favour.

That fixed them. Wow! Thanks @TCell as I was considering buying one of those Vinyl Flats that @Mather owns.

But actually it was the perfect customer service response as it frees me from giving a damn what their albums of the months are. It was liberating. Was considering going back in to pick up Art Blakey and getting the brush off wasn’t unexpected (used a non-static brush to clean my warp too. Was as useful as the glass of water) as others have got it before. There are loads of albums that would get more play than their selections and that copy of Emancipation by Prince looks far less expensive when compared with a single month international record. They’ve done me a favour.

You’re in for it now calling his technological terror a mere vinyl flat...

Last edited:
Mixtapes on vinyl never really made sense to me, unless it’s a soundtrack. The experience is all about listening to a cohesive unit, whether it be an album or a soundtrack (that resonates with the film). If I wanted to listen to a Spotify playlist, I’d open up Spotify. Just my personal preference.
I tend to agree with you but I absolutely love the Late Night Tales comps...and highly recommend them to anybody and everybody who will listen to me haha. It’s a really great window into influences for certain bands, the pressings are amazing and they are perfect to throw on when you have people over and want some background music because most of the compilations have some music on it for everybody.

Goodness. I'm baffled how anyone in the vinyl industry would have the gall to tell you that a good cleaning will fix a warp. I'm sorry that it has finally come to this for you, but you are right, it is soooooo liberating. If there is ever a Voldemort release that you want, you can find it on ebay far cheaper or simply wait 6 months for there to be a pressing elsewhere. They offer nothing anymore that can't be had elsewhere.

ATTENTION ANYONE WHO BOUGHT VAGABON.

There was an article I read on Friday that the album is now going to be self-titled and some of the lyrics and/or music was altered.

I emailed CS about this and asked if it was going to be delayed.
It is.

Until JANUARY.

There was an article I read on Friday that the album is now going to be self-titled and some of the lyrics and/or music was altered.

It is.

Until JANUARY.
The prophecy is true...all of our joking has come true...something is actually delayed until 2020😂😂

@Mather @Djxfactor511

Ok so my package arrived and im spinning joel ross now. I've had a few beers, chilling on the sofa listening and I start hearing these weird 'glitch' noises and im convinced im going mad. The whole C side is littered with them at random times. Ive added a short clip to youtube which I will send to VMP, but god damn its weird. Heres a link

It happens on the same spots each time, so its clearly something wrong with the vinyl, but the fact that it sounds like some sort of feedback distortion is nuts.
Oh man! That’s the same noise I heard on my Fugees record from VMP. Right at the beginning of “Ready or Not.” Thought it was so bizarre as I’ve never experienced that again in the 100-150 records I’ve purchased since...

...until your video.
So that’s non-Fill?

It is.

Until JANUARY.
The prophecy is true...all of our joking has come true...something is actually delayed until 2020😂😂

To be fair, this isn't VMP's fault.
Vagabon was quoting somebody else's work for her album title and a line or two of lyrics and they apparently did not appreciate the gesture. Out of respect, Vagabon decided to make the alterations.
Unfortunately, that doesn't help those of us here who ordered the album. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Vagabon's company and VMP now have a whole mess of unusable albums to destroy.

Back