Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I have the standard pressing, which I'm pretty much sure was pressed using the same plates in the same plant, and has the same packaging. I agree, the pressing and sleeve are def not worth +$25. I'm not THAT upset because the music is fire, and TBH the mastering sounds very good, but both discs are warped, and I did find a couple of noisy passages. If I had paid the premium price VMP charged for their variant, I would def be upset tho.
I wouldn't say it is BN75 quality, but I still don't get how Blue Note presses such a loussy record when they're doing wonderful things with their reissue campaigns.
I also have the standard pressing that I bought from amazon for $20.90. Mine has an extremely slight warp that is barely noticeable unless you are really looking. It is certainly not dead quiet, but the noise level is low enough that it doesn't really bother me even in quiet passages like in the first track. I did notice two very small pops on the first track on side B, but I didn't clean it again and check if they were still there. My copy came in the shitty white paper sleeves that should be outlawed, but I don't see any scuffing or scratching beyond maybe one or two very slight scratches. All in all, light years better than my best BN 75 pressing and the mastering is fantastic. I could totally see being less happy with this situation if my copy was as bad as Mather's and I had paid the VMP price.

The interesting thing about this particular record is that Storf has sung his own praises to the rooftops as far as convincing Blue Note to press it on vinyl. He claims it wouldn't have been done if not for him. So, whereas normally I'd say that VMP is not as responsible for this as much as Blue Note is, I'd say that comparing this to Blue Note's recent successful efforts at releasing astoundingly good quality records and taking into account the fact that VMP is directly to "blame" for Blue Note putting this out on vinyl, it has me wondering how much input they had in such details as where is was pressed? How much did they set this up for Blue Note in order to make it easy on them? Is this another case of VMP being at the mercy of deals that the record company had struck already, or is it not?

Second Cup tastes like watered down tar to me. But if I did win coffee for life, I would be there every day, with an alka seltzer ;)
Fair enough, to each their own. I happen to like their fresh brewed coffee at least at the location I go to every day. The owner and baristas know me by name and always treat me like gold.

Last edited:
Fair enough, to each their own. I happen to like their fresh brewed coffee at least at the location I go to every day. The owner and baristas know me by name and always treat like gold.
If you have a special card or something designating free coffee for life they probably assume you're a sibling of the owner or something, heh.

Don’t forget to grab yourself a copy of this month’s Canadian Rap & Hip-Hop sub: Snow - 12 Inches of Snow. This all-time great comes exclusively In hockey puck black coloured vinyl and a coupon for Tim Horton’s coffee.

Or even better, a Hockey sub - My Kathleen Edwards request could go there, along with some Non-Canadian Hockey themed records. Super Furry Animals Ice Hockey Hair EP, and the Gear Daddies Billys Live Bait w/ the Zamboni Song would fit nicely.

Last edited:
Fair enough, to each their own. I happen to like their fresh brewed coffee at least at the location I go to every day. The owner and baristas know me by name and always treat like gold.
Just being a smart ass. They are often my go to option if I am not familiar with the other coffee shops in an area and my only choices are Timmy's and Starbucks.

A little side digression. I don’t know if any of you have ever noticed but Canadian singer Bryan Adam's profile is completely missing from Allmusic.com.
.View attachment 14967.

What do you think he's trying to hide? I smell a cover up.

Maybe he got caught up in the Ryan Adams #MeToo moment and in a strange reversal of fortune, people thought the allegations were against Bryan Adams and not Ryan Adams. So in the ensuing backlash, he deleted his online presence.

Maybe he got caught up in the Ryan Adams #MeToo moment and in a strange reversal of fortune, people thought the allegations were against Bryan Adams and not Ryan Adams. So in the ensuing backlash, he deleted his online presence.
This goes back at least a decade. I was fleshing out my Bryan Adams catalog and wanted to know if “Have you Ever Really Love a Woman” was on an actual album or just the Don Juan DeMarco soundtrack so I attempted to pull up my favorite reference source for things of this nature All Music Guide but Lo and behold not only could I not find info on the song but his profile page was no where to be found after some digging the best info I could find was in that screen shot I had taken above where an AMG customer service person stated he had requested a removal of all his information. I still find it perplexing to why he wouldn’t want his info on there and also why AMG acquiesced. The truth is out there.

I also have the standard pressing that I bought from amazon for $20.90. Mine has an extremely slight warp that is barely noticeable unless you are really looking. It is certainly not dead quiet, but the noise level is low enough that it doesn't really bother me even in quiet passages like in the first track. I did notice two very small pops on the first track on side B, but I didn't clean it again and check if they were still there. My copy came in the shitty white paper sleeves that should be outlawed, but I don't see any scuffing or scratching beyond maybe one or two very slight scratches. All in all, light years better than my best BN 75 pressing and the mastering is fantastic. I could totally see being less happy with this situation if my copy was as bad as Mather's and I had paid the VMP price.

The interesting thing about this particular record is that Storf has sung his own praises to the rooftops as far as convincing Blue Note to press it on vinyl. He claims it wouldn't have been done if not for him. So, whereas normally I'd say that VMP is not as responsible for this as much as Blue Note is, I'd say that comparing this to Blue Note's recent successful efforts at releasing astoundingly good quality records and taking into account the fact that VMP is directly to "blame" for Blue Note putting this out on vinyl, it has me wondering how much input they had in such details as where is was pressed? How much did they set this up for Blue Note in order to make it easy on them? Is this another case of VMP being at the mercy of deals that the record company had struck already, or is it not?
Agree on all of this. I get VMP is sometimes not to blame when their record is only a color vatian of a pressing that was already determined by the label, but if Storf's story is true, then this is not the case. They could have chosen a better plant like they do with Classics

According to Wikipedia...

View attachment 14977

Note the "[citation needed]".
Seems like a strange fight to pick on Adams part. I mean if it were due to poor reviews, I am sure he has seen his fair share of those over the course of his career and if every review site was willing to remove artists that didn’t agree with their view their would not be that many sites.

It’s just a bit odd.

I just checked and they have an FAQ answer already queued up for idiots like me...

4987748D-30A7-465B-B84B-C938B43FC449.jpeg

Seems like a strange fight to pick on Adams part. I mean if it were due to poor reviews, I am sure he has seen his fair share of those over the course of his career and if every review site was willing to remove artists that didn’t agree with their view their would not be that many sites.

It’s just a bit odd.

I just checked and they have an FAQ answer already queued up for idiots like me...

View attachment 14978
That definitely seems to back up what it says on Wikipedia. A douchey move on his part for sure, but oh well.

Back