Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

If anyone got the Grace Lightman album the numbering is not foil stamped it's printed and very hard to see. All my records are flat this month though :)
You are correct. The VMP Exclusive stamp is foil, but the number is printed. Mine is 166 (I think; it could also be 156 or 165 or 155...)

Ditto on the printed numbering. I got 7 records in my package, and Dua Saleh was the only one with a warp on it. Currently emailing CS about it. Lightman was nice and flat, but is anyone else’s copy a but noisy?

A couple of my records has corner dings but none were that serious. Looked like a packaging thing since all were the same corner. All flat though.

Denzel Curry
Weyes Blood
The Comet Is Coming
Sleater-Kinney
Phoenix
Outkast

Spinning Funky Rob Way for the 3rd time and it's 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥.

Great pressing, superb afro-funk record.

I liked it so much I picked up Make It Fast, Make It Slow and Hell Fire, too. They're both pretty great, with MIF,MIS venturing into dub territory in some spots and HF dealing with some fairly serious spiritual concerns via reggae rhythms. NOTE: I love old Trojan and 2 Tone stuff, but am not great with recognizing sub-genres in this type of music, so forgive me for the gross over-simplification here. My point is that if you like Funky Rob Way, I would def pick up MIF, MIS and pick up HF if you want to hear what Moody Rob Way sounds like. Also, both records were pretty cheap, I think 20 bucks apiece or so.

Last edited:
Didn't this go up on presale ages ago? The "album of week" must translate to "we couldn't move 300 units, but we still don't want to drop the price."
I don't find this move all that odd. Pre-orders are for those in the know already. Hyping something again on the street date when the normies are getting around to checking out that week's new releases makes sense to me.

Doh my bad. Got the two mixed up.

Either way, I expect to be a bit poorer in approximately 55 minutes.
Haha, no worries man. They did the comet is coming, so they have a relationship with impulse, but if they had done something like this with the prestige series, they would have sold better. I am also very excited to see what they have going on with this

1500 pressed
QRP
$31
Transparent Blue

Edit: I'm betting this makes it to swaps with that many pressed

1500 pressed
QRP
$31
Transparent Blue

Edit: I'm betting this makes it to swaps with that many pressed

Shit, I'm hoping it makes swaps because $31 is a hard pill to swallow right now.

Back