Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I never heard of Blanck Mass and went in blind only knowing the album cover looked cool and it was their album of the week, 2 songs in I wanted to scream Morrrrrtallll Kommmmmbat and run around spin kicking everybody in my office
I gave their last album a try and it wasn't for me. But this description has inspired me to try this one now.

*Edit: I immediately understand the Mortal Kombat feelings now.

Last edited:
I really enjoy Blanck Mass, not yet enough to purchase a record. This one might change that. Problem I usually have is that listening to Blanck Mass just makes me want to return to the Fuck Buttons album Tarot Sport, which I think is the best work this artist has been involved in making.

I gave their last album a try and it wasn't for me. But this description has inspired me to try this one now.

*Edit: I immediately understand the Mortal Kombat feelings now.

So what're your thoughts compared to the last album? I gave the last one a shot based on forum hype and it was NOT. MY. KINDA. PARTY.

So what're your thoughts compared to the last album? I gave the last one a shot based on forum hype and it was NOT. MY. KINDA. PARTY.
I'm only on track 4, so no real judgement yet. It's been awhile since the last one, but I remember it was a little too experimental and abrasive for my taste. I like those elements, but sometimes it's too much for me. I remember World Eater felt like work to get through and I honestly don't remember if I ever made it through the whole album in a single sitting.
This one is certainly a little brighter and more structured. Honestly it has a pretty heavy video game vibe so far. Video games mixed with very fasted paced techno. Kind of has a late 90s warehouse rave vibe? I could see that being fitting for a description. I could see this being the soundtrack for a dangerous mix of Molly and Red Bull fueled evening.
All in all, it's certainly more digestible than I remember World Eater being.

Edit - On track 6 now. This feels like it would be good workout music to me.
Edit - Since I'm basically live posting now, the final track is more of what I remember from World Eater. Maybe still a little less abrasive, but certainly started off more abrasive than the rest of this album. Overall, this album is more approachable though. I could see a lot of new fans getting on board with this one. I don't think I need to own it, but I found this one more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Judging by the hype the Coltrane will generate in the news, the fact it will likely be public soon, and the rate at which the recent Sonny Rollin's sold out....I wouldn't expect this to make it to swaps.

Hated to after my angry email to anthology yesterday, but I Tina'd …….. these bastards, they have my weakness dialed in.

Judging by the hype the Coltrane will generate in the news, the fact it will likely be public soon, and the rate at which the recent Sonny Rollin's sold out....I wouldn't expect this to make it to swaps.

Hated to after my angry email to anthology yesterday, but I Tina'd …….. these bastards, they have my weakness dialed in.
Not saying you're wrong about it not making it to swaps, but fwiw Rollins was limited to 750, Coltrane is double that.

Is there a way to stream the full Coltrane album.?VMP retweeted some dude on Twitter saying it was his favorite Coltrane album. I thought this was the first release?
I think only Blue World is available online since the album is not out for a couple of months.

Wonder if the guy on Twitter confused Blue Train with Blue World

Last edited:
Looking at the tracklist, i don't think i need that coltrane for 31$.

SIDE A
1Naima (Take 1) (4:34)
2Village Blues (Take 2) (3:41)
3Blue World (6:08)
4Village Blues (Take 1) (3:51)

SIDE B
1Village Blues (Take 3) (3:45)
2Like Sonny (2:43)
3Traneing In (7:42)
4Naima (Take 2) (4:10)

Edit: just saw, jpc.de has the regular up for 21€, which fits the 23$ listed elsewhere

I really enjoy Blanck Mass, not yet enough to purchase a record. This one might change that. Problem I usually have is that listening to Blanck Mass just makes me want to return to the Fuck Buttons album Tarot Sport, which I think is the best work this artist has been involved in making.
Tarot Sport rules. Olympians is on every tripping playlist I've ever made.

Back