Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

In my experience dealing with a few different boards, the assumption one should always make is that the board only knows what it's been told.

They are on the board cause they have money. And they meet quarterly or so, and the people they fired would be the ones presenting quarterly numbers to them.

This isn't a VMP sure is dumb situation. This is a, capitalism sure is dumb situation.
Adding to this, the CEO and the CFO will be the main Execs reporting to the Board. They would have been able to control what information is presented to the Board, and how. It sounds like the business had pretty poor controls - if there was a decent Delegation of Authority in place it would have been mentioned in the suit - signing a contract with a $1.5m initial payment seems like something that should have had Board approval.

Will be an interesting story to follow.

So now it's not VMP pressing plant anymore? Like they won't be pressing THEIR exclusives and THEIR Anthologies at THEIR own pressing plant THEY built and for which THEY hired the best possible people?
What made you think THEY referred to THEM? The pressing plant that THEY were advertising with the bar twice the size of the QC section was THEIRS very clearly and THEY put it in the magazines and on the THEIR website because THEY owned it but they never, ever said it was THEIRS.

So now it's not VMP pressing plant anymore? Like they won't be pressing THEIR exclusives and THEIR Anthologies at THEIR own pressing plant THEY built and for which THEY hired the best possible people?
Well it’s not wholly theirs is what they seem to be saying but the suit is somewhat vague. VMP is saying there’s no parent company that owns both the plant and VMP itself. And the suit seems to be saying that Cam was pushing this idea of VMP and the plant being one and the same but it’s not.

How much of that money goes out the door almost instantly though. I thought they’d have at least 50k especially with the international market.

I don’t think they have as big a full time international subscriber base as maybe it might appear. As an international it’s very very expensive and their attitude towards us stinks. I’d say more than you’d imagine just dip in and out for selected releases.

Last edited:
I don’t think they have as big a full time international subscriber base as maybe it might appear. As an international it’s very very expensive and their attitude towards us stinks. I’d say more than you’d imagine just dip in and out for elected releases.
Yeah, the prices are fucked for us international kids.

They’ve a load of listings saying that they’ll still be pressed at Vinyl My Plant. Has anything actually been pressed there or can they just not be arsed to update the website?

This is the Ashby repress (for examples sake)

IMG_4753.png

They’ve a load of listings saying that they’ll still be pressed at Vinyl My Plant. Has anything actually been pressed there or can they just not be arsed to update the website?

This is the Ashby repress (for examples sake)

View attachment 201977

I posted a reddit comment yesterday saying the plant was pressing/running.

Back