Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t agree with you on Pepper’s, I like it, but I also completely see where you’re coming from. I’ve never understood it being lauded as their work of genius or the number 1 album of all time, they bettered it 5 times by my reckoning.

It’s one of those albums that I think is more impressive in it being groundbreaking and a great technical achievement than particularly the most perfect musical album give the ground themselves and George Martin were breaking in using the studio as an instrument.

Also substitute Rubber Soul for Revolver and add in Magical Mystery Tour and those are the four that I pull out more often than not when a Beatles mood takes me.
I recently picked up the Giles Martin Pepper cut thinking that a different mix might swing me back towards it but it was pretty much the same. I found myself thinking Mr Kite, A Day In The Life and Lucy In The Sky were outstanding and the rest was OK. I enjoyed it but no more than whatever I'd listened to beforehand.

But Revolver! I think Tomorrow Never Knows might be one of my favourite tracks by any band EVER!

I recently picked up the Giles Martin Pepper cut thinking that a different mix might swing me back towards it but it was pretty much the same. I found myself thinking Mr Kite, A Day In The Life and Lucy In The Sky were outstanding and the rest was OK. I enjoyed it but no more than whatever I'd listened to beforehand.

But Revolver! I think Tomorrow Never Knows might be one of my favourite tracks by any band EVER!

Yeah revolver is great as is tomorrow never knows. I just find myself gravitating towards rubber soul more. If it wasn’t for the last track it might be, for me, the most perfect pop album of all time. Revolver has real highs but is a little uneven as an album in comparison. These are extremely minor niggles and complete hair splitting for me though, not criticism, this is a band whose entire output I have a lot of time for!

Yeah revolver is great as is tomorrow never knows. I just find myself gravitating towards rubber soul more. If it wasn’t for the last track it might be, for me, the most perfect pop album of all time. Revolver has real highs but is a little uneven as an album in comparison. These are extremely minor niggles and complete hair splitting for me though, not criticism, this is a band whose entire output I have a lot of time for!

Revolver was my number one choice for many years ...
Now I’m more White album ...with Abbey Road creeping up ...

If only revolver could substitute Rain or paperback writer for Yellow Submarine .....then it would be back to 1

Fabs were so good though from start to finish

If only revolver could substitute Rain or paperback writer for Yellow Submarine .....then it would be back to 1

Yeah. I might sound generally disparaging of the Beatles but the three albums I love I REALLY love.

I agree on the top 2 but rubber soul is in at 3 for me with Magical Mystery Tour at 4 then Revolver, then Pepper’s then Help! That said its not like I see there being chasms between any of those 7, it’s just personal preference.

Also if we are talking non album Beatles the We Can Work It Out is right up there with the very best of their work for me!

Rumour through reddit has Spiritualized Lazer Guided Melodies dropping in the store today.
A reissue just got announced for it so wouldn't be shocked if VMP has a color variant. @Joe Mac not sure if ya saw any of the preorder links? Some UK ones went up early this AM. I seem to remember you're a Spiritualized fan. It looks like a Fat Possum reissue though.

A reissue just got announced for it so wouldn't be shocked if VMP has a color variant. @Joe Mac not sure if ya saw any of the preorder links? Some UK ones went up early this AM. I seem to remember you're a Spiritualized fan. It looks like a Fat Possum reissue though.

No I’d heard nothing yet so thanks! Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Fat Possum, they were the label VMP went to for the essentials ROTM too. Not ideal but I suppose anything is a step above plain...

No I’d heard nothing yet so thanks! Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Fat Possum, they were the label VMP went to for the essentials ROTM too. Not ideal but I suppose anything is a step above plain...

Yeeeep well that's gunna be a purchase... damn...

Back