Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Non related question: my local record store has been getting a ton of interesting albums lately, but it seems like a large percentage of them are Wax Time. From what I've read Wax Time is pretty much pressing low quality CDs to vinyl and/or skirting around copyright laws...anyone can confirm that?

Non related question: my local record store has been getting a ton of interesting albums lately, but it seems like a large percentage of them are Wax Time. From what I've read Wax Time is pretty much pressing low quality CDs to vinyl...anyone can confirm that?
Yes. Wax time is a grey market euro label. Copyright laws are very lax in the EU so these companies often buy the rights to random CD pressings and use those as sources to press to vinyl. Stay far away from them. Wax Time and DOL are two of the bigger offenders but there are a bunch of others.

Yes. Wax time is a grey market euro label. Copyright laws are very lax in the EU so these companies often buy the rights to random CD pressings and use those as sources to press to vinyl. Stay far away from them. Wax Time and DOL are two of the bigger offenders but there are a bunch of others.
Thanks. Pretty much what I've read but nice to confirm. Kind of disappointing that my local seems to be buying Wax Time in bulk.

Sensible more like. U.K. is and EU is life plus 70 which is plenty! Whilst I don’t like the quality of grey label music copywrite shouldn’t exist forever and ever once the artist has departed us.

Thanks. Pretty much what I've read but nice to confirm. Kind of disappointing that my local seems to be buying Wax Time in bulk.
Mine does too. They buy them because they sell, especially to newer vinyl purchasers. I think even Rough Trade here stocks them. Around here, they are usually $10-$12 for a lot of classic albums so people buy them up left and right not knowing about the sources.

Yeah, I'd love to go through a different avenue but as mentioned, in Canada VMP is likely to be the cheapest option.
Think it's going to be about £31 delivered for the indie over here. Shocker that VMP can get this across an ocean for less. Arseholes

Back