Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This is way too many fucking posts about storf.
It's being used to ignore the fact that moodymanns DJ kicks got canned by the label

Like it seems the label said "let's no longer do this"

Not even a delay

It's being used to ignore the fact that moodymanns DJ kicks got canned by the label

Like it seems the label said "let's no longer do this"

Not even a delay
Was thecomplete release canned or only the vmp exclusive?

Was thecomplete release canned or only the vmp exclusive?
Exclusive

The album is available to buy on vinyl on bandcamp.. at least in the much better digital version with all the tracks

But the vinyl is cool because it's a great mix

No new exclusives today? *twitch twitch* C'mon maaaaan, I need my fix, man. Just a little something to get me through the week, man.

Managed to snag a copy from my local record store the other day so keep your eye out.

The VMP variant specifically? I know it shouldn't matter, but it's one I wish I had gotten that specific version before it sold out.

I never heard any widespread complaints about its pressing so I'm hoping VMP didn't have to replace too many copies (unlike their other Monk release), so I've had my fingers crossed for a limited swaption or a random store drop like what happened today. Maybe next month...

The VMP variant specifically? I know it shouldn't matter, but it's one I wish I had gotten that specific version before it sold out.

I never heard any widespread complaints about its pressing so I'm hoping VMP didn't have to replace too many copies (unlike their other Monk release), so I've had my fingers crossed for a limited swaption or a random store drop like what happened today. Maybe next month...
No, but I think it's identical except for the numbering and the color. All around it's a solid package if you want to pay a bit less to miss out on those two things.

EDIT: I'd like to say it was a RSD release.

I might wait another month or so to see if it makes a surprise appearance in the VMP shop before settling on the standard release.

In other VMP Thelonious Monk news, the replacement records for my January box arrived and the first one I'm listening to is Palais Des Beaux-Arts. It doesn't have the gigantic scratch on Side 2 that my first copy did, but there's still a fair amount of popping at the start of the final song, right in the spot where the scratch would have been.

It's... not nearly as bad as my first copy, but not great, either. Given the problems everyone else seems to be having with this record (and the fact that it's now sold out in the store) I might just settle for this as being "good enough."

Looks like there isn’t a delay on getting Chet Baker In New York our to people. I kind of feel that they should ship it now as it’s their issuer arrived after the estimated date. Ah well, in no rush and as long as the quality is there I’m happy.

60426753-1BF4-41FD-B430-D0888E0B0CE1.jpeg

Looks like there isn’t a delay on getting Chet Baker In New York our to people. I kind of feel that they should ship it now as it’s their issuer arrived after the estimated date. Ah well, in no rush and as long as the quality is there I’m happy.

View attachment 87897
It was out of stock yesterday but seems to be back in. Looking forward to these two.

Back