Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Anyone get their Sonny Sharrock yet and had a chance to play it? I got my second copy today and side A is exactly the same as my first copy. Distortion on nearly every rotation kind of like what you get with a really off center or warped record. But it doesn’t look off center to me. Isn’t warped either. Side B is perfect on both copies. No idea what happened or if I’m just insanely unlucky with this one.

Anyone get their Sonny Sharrock yet and had a chance to play it? I got my second copy today and side A is exactly the same as my first copy. Distortion on nearly every rotation kind of like what you get with a really off center or warped record. But it doesn’t look off center to me. Isn’t warped either. Side B is perfect on both copies. No idea what happened or if I’m just insanely unlucky with this one.
Sounds really unlucky to me, mine doesn't seem to have any distortion that has stood out to me.

They have been really strange when it comes to the Sharrock release. First, they told some people that they were waiting on sleeves before shipping them, even though I had my copy. Then they told some people that they had ran out of replacements but still sent some out a week later to others. Really doesn't seem like they communicated amongst themselves on this release.

Sounds really unlucky to me, mine doesn't seem to have any distortion that has stood out to me.

They have been really strange when it comes to the Sharrock release. First, they told some people that they were waiting on sleeves before shipping them, even though I had my copy. Then they told some people that they had ran out of replacements but still sent some out a week later to others. Really doesn't seem like they communicated amongst themselves on this release.
Yeah it does seem like poor communication on their part. And my copies are in the high 800’s and low 1k in number so not sure where yours is. The distortion is not super intrusive but it’s definitely there during the quiet parts. I’ll live with it. It does sound quite good. Better than the 45 rpm issue imo.

Yeah it does seem like poor communication on their part. And my copies are in the high 800’s and low 1k in number so not sure where yours is. The distortion is not super intrusive but it’s definitely there during the quiet parts. I’ll live with it. It does sound quite good. Better than the 45 rpm issue imo.
The numbers have literally nothing to do with anything other than a number FYI

I’m still waiting for mine, it should FINALLY arrive later this week. I honestly feel like they would’ve forgotten my order (from 7 months ago) if I hadn’t contacted customer service last week.

Got my Billy Lemos today! Love it sooooo much. I just wish the songs were longer. They are little perfect appetizers but I want more :) said in a Veruca Salt voice LOL

Mines No. 0830/1000, but as @SpinningSince85 said I don't think numbers necessarily indicate pressing order in VMP's case.

So, I'm actually considering jumping back in, just to get a reasonable price on the Sparklehorse box. Now, question is, how does the "Swap for credit" thingy work? If I choose one month for 52 bucks, can I swap that out for store credit and put that towards the box? And how much credit do I get?

So, I'm actually considering jumping back in, just to get a reasonable price on the Sparklehorse box. Now, question is, how does the "Swap for credit" thingy work? If I choose one month for 52 bucks, can I swap that out for store credit and put that towards the box? And how much credit do I get?
The credit you get is what one month costs you. I’m not sure if you can join and immediately swap with credit (might have to wait until the swaps open up to do so). I was under the impression that you need to join by doing “join with this record” and swaps aren’t open until the 27th or so.

Based on Storf’s Twitter, it sounds like VMP will have the upcoming Pharoah Sanders x Floating Points x London VSO album up for pre sale today.

Haven’t bought an album in 2021 so far, and my subscription with VMP is about to expire, but this one is tempting.
I held back on buying it for just this reason. I hope the price point is decent.

Based on Storf’s Twitter, it sounds like VMP will have the upcoming Pharoah Sanders x Floating Points x London VSO album up for pre sale today.

Haven’t bought an album in 2021 so far, and my subscription with VMP is about to expire, but this one is tempting.
Okay this looks cool. I've only got one album that uses a symphony (Nas Illmatic Live at the Kennedy Center) and it's such a cool sound, if this is pressed well it could be stunning.

Okay this looks cool. I've only got one album that uses a symphony (Nas Illmatic Live at the Kennedy Center) and it's such a cool sound, if this is pressed well it could be stunning.
John Grant at the BBC is epic if you're in the hunt for more

Thanks
The credit you get is what one month costs you. I’m not sure if you can join and immediately swap with credit (might have to wait until the swaps open up to do so). I was under the impression that you need to join by doing “join with this record” and swaps aren’t open until the 27th or so.
Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll go with a 3 or even 6 month sub and try the swap for credit when swaps open. Will still be more worthwhile than 239 dollars PLUS shipping...

Thanks

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll go with a 3 or even 6 month sub and try the swap for credit when swaps open. Will still be more worthwhile than 239 dollars PLUS shipping...
if you were a member recently, you could try to log in and see if you still get member pricing and shipping. my account for some reason still gives me both but i am no longer a member

Back