Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Alright well. That's the specific point that people are pointing to referencing him claiming to have invented editorial. So there you have it.
Yeah dont see it at all. He joined a small company 5 years ago that had a POC for editorial created by Tyler then ran with that and created the editorial department and processes that they have now...In no way do I read that as ”inventing editorial”.

Also everyone is talking about storf

Moodymann djkicks exclusive was cancelled by the label

Yeah dont see it at all. He joined a small company 5 years ago that had a POC for editorial created by Tyler then ran with that and created the editorial department and processes that they have now...In no way do I read that as ”inventing editorial”.
Most people don't go around using ridiculous statements like "basically inventing" to pat themselves on the back when they are hired to do a normal, common, job and perform it with mediocrity at best.

removing their heart with a spoon.

1*hySiETvI3E2m5fPDUv7sBA.gif

lol alright...
Sorry, I guess I've never seen anything that would make me consider him a good editor. In fact he has made many mistakes and at least at first, seemed completely averse to either researching, understanding, or correctly reporting pressing and mastering details of their products.

I don't understand why anyone would use a term like inventing to describe writing and soliciting freelancers, like every other website that publishes articles online.

You're right that name calling isn't called for, but he could go a long way to combat the vitriol by exercising a little humility about himself and certainly his opinions.

Sorry, I guess I've never seen anything that would make me consider him a good editor. In fact he has made many mistakes and at least at first, seemed completely averse to either researching, understanding, or correctly reporting pressing and mastering details of their products.

I don't understand why anyone would use a term like inventing to describe writing and soliciting freelancers, like every other website that publishes articles online.

You're right that name calling isn't called for, but he could go a long way to combat the vitriol by exercising a little humility about himself and certainly his opinions.
I mean, I read it as a typical signing off and handing over the reigns message. And on his personal twitter, not VMPs.

Regardless of your feeling on his writing abilities (I dont read most of the booklets so I cant comment on that) getting a process or division setup within a company is generally a pain in the ass. Of course he’s not the first one to ever do it, but it is a significant part of VMP now, which is itself a much bigger company with higher visibility than when he started. I could see being proud of that and the fact he gets to hand it off to someone while he focuses on new things.

Could he have been more humble? Sure...but it is his personal twitter and certainly (IMO) not a big enough deal as many are making it.

I mean, I read it as a typical signing off and handing over the reigns message. And on his personal twitter, not VMPs.

Regardless of your feeling on his writing abilities (I dont read most of the booklets so I cant comment on that) getting a process or division setup within a company is generally a pain in the ass. Of course he’s not the first one to ever do it, but it is a significant part of VMP now, which is itself a much bigger company with higher visibility than when he started. I could see being proud of that and the fact he gets to hand it off to someone while he focuses on new things.

Could he have been more humble? Sure...but it is his personal twitter and certainly I dont think a big enough deal as many are making it.
You're right, it's not a big deal. I guess I'm just not surprised by the reaction and since he did set himself up as the public face of the company for quite a while, I'm not surprised that even if it's on his "private" twitter it is being discussed by members. Nothing wrong with being proud of his job, the hyperbole just invites criticism, especially when it is something people are often critical of in his editorials. Definitely should just roll my eyes and move on though.

You're right, it's not a big deal. I guess I'm just not surprised by the reaction and since he did set himself up as the public face of the company for quite a while, I'm not surprised that even if it's on his "private" twitter it is being discussed by members. Nothing wrong with being proud of his job, the hyperbole just invites criticism, especially when it is something people are often critical of in his editorials. Definitely should just roll my eyes and move on though.
Agree on all counts. I liked the news as I would rather him focus more on Classics and Country but I knew the reaction would be what it is, even if I dont agree or understand it. I should also just roll my eyes and move on.

Its not what I see or don't see. I'm just pointing out to you the part that some people took issue with. Since you posted that you didn't understand that critique. I was trying to help you.

I dont have a position one way or the other.

I think those people are turning that statement into something its not. And maybe they should reevalute pointing out Storf’s ”thin skin” if they took issue with that.

I’m pretty much on the outside of this. But I’ve read accounts from people here of things Storf did/said on the old forums that seemed pretty shitty and rude. I’ve also seen plenty of his snark on Reddit when he was active there.

My opinion of him was always, “well this isn’t someone I would probably wanna hang out with in real life”.

But calling him names, and attacking him personally is not something I’m here for. That said... it does seem he’s reaping a bit of what he sows.

Back