Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So that’s me cancelled now (for the second and last time) $150 for three months is too much of a punt on blind record buys...plus I seriously need to buy less and listen more to what I’ve got ...as space is now running out! (And could do with saving a few quid too)

Time to rejoin the how to not buy records thread

Has there been any indication that they will be announcing Jan-March ROTMs in advance, or are we back to monthly announcements?

anyone know when we get the next 3 month announcement? I am pretty sure Dec is it for me. This year for VMP has been so 2020 (figuratively and literally) and I am not on the hunt for another record club. What's that one in our threads that is from the EU?

Very nice! Added a sub and swapped for Idris Muhammed. Been hoping for the Jazz Dispensary stuff to make it to swaps, hopefully they are there this time next month as well.

Whelp, you’re gonna have to wait a month, Billie Holiday. I’m going all-in with Jazz Dispensary this month.

I went with Axelrod, Idris, and Leon Spencer.
I was tempted to do the same but think the Holiday will be a nice one to spin over the Christmas holiday (no pun intended). Hopefully they will be there next month, the Craft releases are usually really good.

I'm getting Idris and Purdie. Thought about Leon Spencer, but I'd rather get Billie Holiday this month and maybe swap for Spencer next month if it's still around.
I'm listening to Sorcery now, and it's really my vibe. But I think it might last longer in the swaps than the rest

Even if they don’t sell out, there’s no guarantee they’ll be back in swaps next month. Shabaka was only a swaption for one month and hasn’t been back since, even though it hasn’t sold out.

Well the plan was to get Big Boi, and only Big Boi. Ended up adding John Lee Hooker and Idris Muhammad. Not sure if I should swap Big Boi for another Jazz Dispensary title...

Right. I clicked through the link on the email and... Wow. I am not a prude, but... I am fairly certain that is the most graphic album cover I've ever seen. I'm sure others more graphic exist, but I've never seen bush on a cover before! :LOL:

I don't like the music enough to buy it, so it's a non-issue for me either way. I was kind of proud of VMP for going the full monty for a rising artist, though. 🤷‍♂️

If we're talking NSFW album covers, I submit Type O Negative's Origin of the Feces (the original cover). There upon you will be greeted with a close-up of a sphincter. Not any sphincter, mind you, but the one which belonged to vocalist/bassist/frontman Peter Steele.

Am I the only one who's heard of The Scorpions?

I did Big Boi, Leon Spencer and Jack DeJohnette. Figured those two sounded more up my alley than Axlerod. Was too late to grab the other two.

Starting to think I should’ve gone for DeJohnette instead of Axelrod but I’m afraid to drop it and redo and find out they’re both gone at this point.

Am I the only one who's heard of The Scorpions?

Stumbled on that once while crate digging and immediately thought Chris Hansen was gonna walk through the door and ask me to take a seat.

Back