Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Oh man, I forgot swaps was today. Anything interesting popped up?

Edit: Between Mama's Gun and John Lee Hooker, which do you think will sell out first? I'm guessing the Hooker right? 🤔

"Virgin Killer," I assume? You're right. I hadn't thought of that one in a while. Although I would argue that "VK" is a unique kind of terrible that doesn't have much to do with Vox Whatsername.

For what it's worth, VK actually is a really good album, terrible, tasteless album art besides the point.
But it's not their only terrible NSFW album cover. [By far the most offensive, yes.]

For what it's worth, VK actually is a really good album, terrible, tasteless album art besides the point.
But it's not their only terrible NSFW album cover. [By far the most offensive, yes.]
Right. I only own Love at First Sting, which is racy but not really terrible, but I remember another one with a guy's hand stuck to a lady's breast with bubble gum. More ridiculous than terrible, imo, but... yeah.

I want those Jazz Dispensary titles. They're tempting but I have so much Jazz in my collection right now (and new Tone Poets and Classics Monthly along with the Tribe Anthology as a must buy), I'm resisting the temptation and sticking with the three monthly picks. Was considering swapping Billie since I have it already but can't resist a new remaster of that amazing album.

I want those Jazz Dispensary titles. They're tempting but I have so much Jazz in my collection right now (and new Tone Poets and Classics Monthly along with the Tribe Anthology as a must buy), I'm resisting the temptation and sticking with the three monthly picks. Was considering swapping Billie since I have it already but can't resist a new remaster of that amazing album.
I'm the same like you! I want those jazz dispensary titles but just cannot afford them at the moment! Just sticking with the three main ROTM's for now as I love all three picks, and hopefully these jazz dispensary titles get discounted in the future or get at least like a 20% off discount for Black Friday!

I'm the same like you! I want those jazz dispensary titles but just cannot afford them at the moment! Just sticking with the three main ROTM's for now as I love all three picks, and hopefully these jazz dispensary titles get discounted in the future or get at least like a 20% off discount for Black Friday!

I grabbed Muhammad, Badu and Holiday to finish out my last month as a member! Not a bad way to go!

Some band should name themselves Vinyl Me Please, that would fucking rule. And they should not release any vinyl.

Regarding offensive album covers: This one is fun!

And Tragic Mulatto's Judo for the Blind:

This is some good shit:

Different color variant on Bandcamp, although it's cheaper to get VMP if you're in the States:

I'm debating on whether to pick it up now or wait and see what the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale will entail. Hopefully it doesn't sell out too quickly.

I have another of Pastor T.L Barrett's records (the LITA Like A Ship... (Without A Sail)) and its pretty damn good. This one from VMP might be worth picking up, especially seeing as its a reasonable 23USD.

do_not_pass_me_by_vinyl_store496_2200x.jpg

This is some good shit:

Different color variant on Bandcamp, although it's cheaper to get VMP if you're in the States:

I'm debating on whether to pick it up now or wait and see what the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale will entail. Hopefully it doesn't sell out too quickly.

Would have considered this if I didn't already have the Lex version on the way. Bubblegum pink seems a weird choice but this is the only limited version I've seen.

Last edited:

Most of the stuff we already knew about, but they have it all on one handy-dandy page.

Back