Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I kinda want to get Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel. I wish that album was trimmed and finished at track 12 - The Impossible. I like every song up until The Impossible, except for the awkward, terribly outdated 'Standing O'!

Yeah I dont like bloated albums from anyone. I think pretty much everything should be trimmed down to 10-12 tracks, but now that we're in the era of streaming I feel like that will just get even worse.

But the good news is you can just stop Memoirs after track 12! Better than disliking the first 4 songs.

There's a limited coloured variant of her self-titled on her store, but it can only be purchased as part of the 30th anniversary boxset, which is USD$78..... It's like a trap! hahaha

lol Yeah I saw that and not even a little tempted. Same with the rarities exclusive vinyl that comes with the book. I actually may read her book but Ill buy it on kindle, I dont need a physical copy. And I definitely don't need that ugly shirt with the self-titled bundle.

I'm always for a nice color variant if I can get it for the same price as the standard or a couple bucks more. But I dont care enough to pay ridiculously more. I'm just picking up the standard self-titled and the CD version of the rarities (how much am i actually going to spin that anyway when I have her whole discography?)

Yeah I dont like bloated albums from anyone. I think pretty much everything should be trimmed down to 10-12 tracks, but now that we're in the era of streaming I feel like that will just get even worse.

But the good news is you can just stop Memoirs after track 12! Better than disliking the first 4 songs.
mmmmm true! But there's not enough magical songs on Memoirs like there is on her Emancipation of Mimi or Music Box to make up for it. Like it's a consistent album, but I hate all that excess at the end and there isn't a 10/10 song on that album in my opinion.

But yeah, it's so true what you said about being in the era of streaming! So many albums are longer than 80 minutes nowadays! I hate bloated albums too!

mmmmm true! But there's not enough magical songs on Memoirs like there is on her Emancipation of Mimi or Music Box to make up for it. Like it's a consistent album, but I hate all that excess at the end and there isn't a 10/10 song on that album in my opinion.

But yeah, it's so true what you said about being in the era of streaming! So many albums are longer than 80 minutes nowadays! I hate bloated albums too!

I agree. The back half of her discography is overall weaker than her first (It did set the bar pretty damn high), but you know how I feel about discographies. I can't wait to take a full Mariah Journey.

Streaming is the best thing to happen to Music in awhile but I'm an album listener and hate this bloated album situation it's caused. I get it, because every song counts as a separate play, but theres been albums by artists Ive liked that barely get any listens because of how long and bloated they are. And other albums that would be so much better if the filler was just trimmed out. I'd much prefer them to go about it like Cody Jinks did or Sabrina Carpenter on her last album (s) and just release two separate albums 6 months or so apart.

I agree. The back half of her discography is overall weaker than her first (It did set the bar pretty damn high), but you know how I feel about discographies. I can't wait to take a full Mariah Journey.

Streaming is the best thing to happen to Music in awhile but I'm an album listener and hate this bloated album situation it's caused. I get it, because every song counts as a separate play, but theres been albums by artists Ive liked that barely get any listens because of how long and bloated they are. And other albums that would be so much better if the filler was just trimmed out. I'd much prefer them to go about it like Cody Jinks did or Sabrina Carpenter on her last album (s) and just release two separate albums 6 months or so apart.
I really love that you enjoy listening to an artist's discography! It's going to be awesome listening to Emancipation of Mimi after listening to Rainbow and Charmbracelet! Like, you will be experiencing her comeback in a unique way and will appreciate it! Emancipation Of Mimi is like Mariah becoming happy again in a fully recognised way! It's like she's got her life back! 🥰

Would be so fun having a sleepover at your house and listening to Mariah Carey and just talking shit, and then the next night, we could have a Britney Spears night and spin all her albums and chill out and gossip! 😂😂😂

I don't need fancy expensive color variants of these, I'll just pick up Unplugged and Music Box from Mariah's website.
I love Mariah Carey's MTV Unplugged! Mariah's performances are joyful and powerful and fresh! It's definitely one of her best works! I want the Target exclusive for that one, but they don't deliver to Australia! I'll be more than happy getting the black pressing though in the future! 😃

I heard a lot of bad things about the Chet Baker Mr B pressing so I decided to cancel and grab The Bar Kay’s Cold Blooded, and I’m really glad that I did, This album is right up my alley It sounds awesome and really should have been the ROTM over Money Talks. I don’t care a ton about color variants but it’s kind of cool that they at least tried to make it look snakish in appearance. I think this one is going to be one of my favorite go to exclusives like Funky Funky Rob, Skull Snaps and Labi Siffre .

I heard a lot of bad things about the Chet Baker Mr B pressing so I decided to cancel and grab The Bar Kay’s Cold Blooded, and I’m really glad that I did, This album is right up my alley It sounds awesome and really should have been the ROTM over Money Talks. I don’t care a ton about color variants but it’s kind of cool that they at least tried to make it look snakish in appearance. I think this one is going to be one of my favorite go to exclusives like Funky Funky Rob, Skull Snaps and Labi Siffre .
I got the BullMoose variant of Mr B and it sounds great to me. I did hear the VMP one sounded bad though.

Mariah Carey is such an amazing artist. I've followed her career since her debut, but lost a bit track after the fabulous Mimi album. So for me, in a certain way her later records are more interesting as I know them less. I think about picking up the limited editons from her website.

I might also pick up the VMP exclusives, but they don't seem to be limited, so I'm not in a hurry. I'd like to have all Mariah records on vinyl, actually when I started collecting vinyl she was one of the first artists I looked up and I was very surprised that most of her work wasn't available on vinyl, or only in bad quality. I really hope those new reissues will sound great. 🙏

I really love that you enjoy listening to an artist's discography! It's going to be awesome listening to Emancipation of Mimi after listening to Rainbow and Charmbracelet! Like, you will be experiencing her comeback in a unique way and will appreciate it! Emancipation Of Mimi is like Mariah becoming happy again in a fully recognised way! It's like she's got her life back! 🥰

Would be so fun having a sleepover at your house and listening to Mariah Carey and just talking shit, and then the next night, we could have a Britney Spears night and spin all her albums and chill out and gossip! 😂😂😂

Haha You would hate my house. Just a massive vinyl collection that I can only listen to in small doses since my wife doesnt care for listening to music in the evenings. It would be torture for you.

Not sure another bundle could be ignored so easily. It reminds me of a conversation i had once about Price gouging and Harry Potter Wands.
Imagining two people in a room - “so how much can we charge for these resin wands?”
How much do they cost to make ?
“20p”
“Ok great let’s say £30 or 59.99 for 2”
You sure ?
“Yeah put em in a nice box”

Anyone who has visited Harry Potter Studios will understand

I feel this. My wife (a HUGE Potterhead) made me purchase one with her when we visited last year. They are shockingly collecting dust in my office.

Mariah Carey is such an amazing artist. I've followed her career since her debut, but lost a bit track after the fabulous Mimi album. So for me, in a certain way her later records are more interesting as I know them less. I think about picking up the limited editons from her website.

I might also pick up the VMP exclusives, but they don't seem to be limited, so I'm not in a hurry. I'd like to have all Mariah records on vinyl, actually when I started collecting vinyl she was one of the first artists I looked up and I was very surprised that most of her work wasn't available on vinyl, or only in bad quality. I really hope those new reissues will sound great. 🙏
Fingers crossed that sound great! Even though Daydream was expensive at USD$34 with no gatefold, printed inner sleeve etc, the vinyl itself sounded great! I was impressed. I have a feeling these reissues will all at least sound good like Daydream! 🤞😊

Fingers crossed that sound great! Even though Daydream was expensive at USD$34 with no gatefold, printed inner sleeve etc, the vinyl itself sounded great! I was impressed. I have a feeling these reissues will all at least sound good like Daydream! 🤞😊

Honestly, I love a good gatefold but my kallax is grateful at this point when it's a single sleeve. I massively underestimated the extra room those take up when buying mine and i've been forbidden to upgrade at this point.

Last edited:
Haha You would hate my house. Just a massive vinyl collection that I can only listen to in small doses since my wife doesnt care for listening to music in the evenings. It would be torture for you.
Have you met me? I would love looking at your vinyl collection! I would be so fascinated by it and would appreciate it so much! 😍📸💎🔑

As for your wife, I'll pay for her to go and stay a few nights at an AirBNB so it can just be us two! So make sure you're still around and that you love vinyl for when I come over to yours in 4-7 years time, because it will be the best catchup ever!!! 🥳

Have you met me? I would love looking at your vinyl collection! I would be so fascinated by it and would appreciate it so much! 😍📸💎🔑

As for your wife, I'll pay for her to go and stay a few nights at an AirBNB so it can just be us two! So make sure you're still around and that you love vinyl for when I come over to yours in 4-7 years time, because it will be the best catchup ever!!! 🥳

I do love how you kinda expect people’s spouses and partners to just kinda disappear for you for a couple of nights 😂

Honestly, I love a good gatefold but my kallax is grateful at this point when it's a single sleeve. I massively underestimated extra room those take up when buying mine and i've been forbidden to upgrade at this point.
Omg, I feel you on that one! Gatefold's actually take up so much room! Like the Blue Note Tone Poet jackets compared to the Blue Note 80 jackets make so much a difference in how much space they take up, just be looking at them being next to each other! Same with the Analogue Productions gatefold jackets! The single sleeve Analogue Productions jackets are so thin, and then the gatefold ones are just really thick! haha

I feel this. My wife (a HUGE Potterhead) made me purchase one with her when we visited last year. They are shockingly collecting dust in my office.

I wouldnt feel bad about that - What else do you do with a wand in a box once you have left Harry Potter world - practice your magic skillz - "expelliarmos - Fucking thing doesnt work !"

Back