Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

ATTN: @NathanRicaud

Edit: And if you need something to go along with the VMP record store book:

Edit 2: lmao at two single LPs for nearly $70
Also the book bundle adds 30$ for a book that Amazon has for 21$

Jeez, plus 30usd for her book! God damn thats expensive (not that I would have bought them anyway)

Not sure another bundle could be ignored so easily. It reminds me of a conversation i had once about Price gouging and Harry Potter Wands.
Imagining two people in a room - “so how much can we charge for these resin wands?”
How much do they cost to make ?
“20p”
“Ok great let’s say £30 or 59.99 for 2”
You sure ?
“Yeah put em in a nice box”

Anyone who has visited Harry Potter Studios will understand

Last edited:
Thought hard about buying the VMP bundle, but then I saw that her store has LE color pressings of her later albums for sale. I will probably go buy those albums first and stay with my original Korean pressings for Emotions and Music Box for now.

Quick question, I know signing up to a membership partway through the month forces you to pick a title to start with - is it the same when swaps open or could my first month’s pick be a swaption?

ATTN: @NathanRicaud

Edit: And if you need something to go along with the VMP record store book:

Edit 2: lmao at two single LPs for nearly $70
Omg, they’re so expensive! USD$36 each is so expensive, especially when they are USD$22 on her own store! 😐😨🤷‍♂️

I’m lucky because I got USD$35 to make up for the MadGibbs ‘Piñata’ Swaption not being in stock! That will help pay for the Mariah Carey ‘Emotions’ exclusive! 🙌😇

Omg, I’m listening to Music Box and Mariah Carey’s vocals are just so strong on it, and I just looked and this VMP pressing has the bonus track “Everything Fades Away” which is an incredible track!

I think I’m just gonna grab Emotions and then see how I feel in a few months time, as these Mariah Carey exclusives don’t start shipping until December!!!

SOV has an exclusive from Mariah here:

The Emancipation Of Mimi
Yeah, that’s the exclusive from Mariah Carey’s store! Was hoping that VMP was going to do an exclusive of that album, but I prefer Emotions more, so am happy with VMP choosing that! 😄

Not the biggest fan of the Music Box pick though! That album has too many slow songs that feel outdated to me unfortunately! 🥱

I like Sound Of Vinyl as a store though! They’re great! 👍

@wynn72 - Are you grabbing the two Mariah Carey exclusives; Emotions & Music Box? They’re expensive, ey! Are you a big fan of her album “Music Box”? It’s quite a stunning album vocally!

@wynn72 - Are you grabbing the two Mariah Carey exclusives; Emotions & Music Box? They’re expensive, ey! Are you a big fan of her album “Music Box”? It’s quite a stunning album vocally!

I grabbed them all! This was essentially exactly what I was hoping for, release everything but Glitter (so the conpletionist in me doesnt have to get that)!

i grabbed the 2 vinyl bundle from VMP
The 5 limited editions from her website (not the xmas albums, I already have the first and dont need the second)
The MTV unplugged exclusive from target
And Self titled,Butterfly, and Rainbow from bullmoose (pending inevitable exclusives of those dropping)

And Self titled,Butterfly, and Rainbow from bullmoose (pending inevitable exclusives of those dropping)

Are those just the black editions or are these on colored vinyl too? If not, I wonder if there'll be colored editions of "Rainbow" and "Butterfly" available somewhere? I know the self titled is available in a very limited box on her site.

I’m assuming the standard black pressings are going to be available elsewhere eventually right? Shipping on her site is $9.99 for 1, $13.99 for 2. 😲

Also noticed a black pressing of Daydream on her site.

Yes, I think the standard black ones should be available everywhere from October /November. I've already seen some of them mentioned on European sites, for instance.

Are those just the black editions or are these on colored vinyl too? If not, I wonder if there'll be colored editions of "Rainbow" and "Butterfly" available somewhere? I know the self titled is available in a very limited box on her site.

Nah the ones on bullmoose are just the black. I have to assume colored ones will pop up somewhere, with Target just getting unplugged.
Self titled Im less confident about with that limited box on her site. Walmart has a coke bottle clear version but that is a color I have no interest in.

I grabbed them all! This was essentially exactly what I was hoping for, release everything but Glitter (so the conpletionist in me doesnt have to get that)!

i grabbed the 2 vinyl bundle from VMP
The 5 limited editions from her website (not the xmas albums, I already have the first and dont need the second)
The MTV unplugged exclusive from target
Damn, you really got all the Mariah Carey exclusives!!! I'm gonna be on the lookout for a Butterfly exclusive!

I'm going to wait to hear reviews on the Emancipation of Mimi vinyl before I buy it! I'll have to get the black pressing for that one!

I'm also getting the Mariah Carey Emotions + Music Box bundle! With Music Box, I really enjoy half the tracks on there! Pretty much the five singles from that album, and I love the bonus track too! The song 'Music Box' is like a cute lullaby too! The dance tracks sound outdated and the song 'Just to Hold You Once Again' is pretty boring. But yeah, the song 'Without You', 'Dreamlover' & 'Anytime You Need a Friend' are stunning tracks! Her voice in this album on the slower tracks are nice to listen to as well!

I kinda want to get Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel. I wish that album was trimmed and finished at track 12 - The Impossible. I like every song up until The Impossible, except for the awkward, terribly outdated 'Standing O'!

Nah the ones on bullmoose are just the black. I have to assume colored ones will pop up somewhere, with Target just getting unplugged.
Self titled Im less confident about with that limited box on her site. Walmart has a coke bottle clear version but that is a color I have no interest in.
There's a limited coloured variant of her self-titled on her store, but it can only be purchased as part of the 30th anniversary boxset, which is USD$78..... It's like a trap! hahaha

Back