Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It makes me giggle when I see this on my membership page for a classics release. Like, how are they going to screw up black vinyl color?

I just checked in my membership page and they actually have this disclaimer on the erroll garner classics release, but not on my BVSC - so I’m going to expect a very specific shade of brown for that one.
D7942826-B530-45A0-9AAA-B942034FDEB6.png1901967F-58D7-496A-B55C-F7DF5E9E14BF.png

Funny story about The Glands, I kept holding off and it eventually sold out and then there was a reasonable priced copy on on Amazon and I didn’t pull the trigger and it eventually sold out. Then last week I was on the New West website due to there store sale and Lo and behold...
I swear it was sold out so I don’t know if they found more copies or if they repressed or if this is an error (No shipping notification yet) but I finally purchased a copy.
Never heard of these guys but I'm really digging what I'm hearing so far!

I bought this from NuWest last week as well, what a great set.

is the discount code still active at VMP?
Nope--VMP code stopped working end of July. I don't doubt there will be another one though at some point give all the screw ups...

Funny story about The Glands, I kept holding off and it eventually sold out and then there was a reasonable priced copy on on Amazon and I didn’t pull the trigger and it eventually sold out. Then last week I was on the New West website due to there store sale and Lo and behold...
I swear it was sold out so I don’t know if they found more copies or if they repressed or if this is an error (No shipping notification yet) but I finally purchased a copy.
Glands and Sparklehorse I both really love, but damn I can't pull the trigger. Been buying too much. I need to do that drinking/buying plan one night.

It was definitely sold out/OOP when I tracked down my copy. I see new/sealed copies on Discogs now, so maybe a repress?

DAMN YOU, THINK OF MY WALLET BEFORE YOU POST STUFF LIKE THIS!!!!

Absolutely love the fact they're doing Sparklehorse but in a box set? And at that cost? Give me a break. I'll just wait for individuals to drop.

I'm in the same boat. Is there actually a chance VMP has exclusive rights to these Sparklehorse remasters, and this will be it? Can't be, right? I don't know enough about how these things work, so if anyone has an educated guess, I'd love to know what you think.

Based on the price point ($60 and album for non-members) I would have to think these are exclusive to VMP at least for the time being. There is no way these would sell individually at that price point. I would assume if a cheaper copy was released it would not be for awhile and possibly even with different plates. If they didn’t have some exclusivity these would be incredible poor decisions on their part but I guess if you take into account how many Woodstock, Whitney Houston, and Grateful Dead box sets they are sitting on I guess they don’t always use great judgement with these sort of things.

I would say anybody that HAS to have Sparklehorse on wax and has the means should probably grab this. Then if something come out later and there is wide release of each LP individually in a month or two you could always cancel the box and just grab the individual LPs.
Sound advice, appreciate it. I do has to have it, but I'll still need a couple 8.5% DIPAs in me to pull that trigger. Never paid that much for wax (I don't really buy box sets).

Sound advice, appreciate it. I do has to have it, but I'll still need a couple 8.5% DIPAs in me to pull that trigger. Never paid that much for wax (I don't really buy box sets).
I am very on the fence. I want it and am sitting on a credit that would make it a bit more palatable. Usually I hem and haw about it long enough the record sells out and the decision is made for me.

Back