Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Damn I want that Sparklehorse box. Hopefully by the time I join back for Spiritualized, they will be around or maybe a cheaper option. Wonder if VMP is gonna be buying up some more of what Plain has pressed since they are doing Spiritualized and now these Sparklehorse.
I hope this means Plain’s licensing is running out. I have one of those Plain Sparklehorse pressings and it’s straight up terrible.

But fiddy bucks an album is... steep.

The only way I can make the Sparlehorse work for me is if I buy it as a Christmas present for myself, but c’mon, we know that expected December ship date is not going to work out
I have a $30 credit. I am sure VMP will fuck up something else prior to it selling out if I can get it down to $130 seems like an acceptable price point.

Damn I want that Sparklehorse box. Hopefully by the time I join back for Spiritualized, they will be around or maybe a cheaper option. Wonder if VMP is gonna be buying up some more of what Plain has pressed since they are doing Spiritualized and now these Sparklehorse.
With a pressing quantity of 1500, I expect this to be much cheaper in the after-market.

Sparklehorse is one of my top 5 artists ever. So credit to VMP because I'm so happy these got remastered. But even as a huge Sparklehorse fan, I just can't pay that much. This is a very bittersweet moment for me.

Maybe I'll get drunk enough this weekend to forget about what money means and then buy it.

Sparklehorse is one of my top 5 artists ever. So credit to VMP because I'm so happy these got remastered. But even as a huge Sparklehorse fan, I just can't pay that much. This is a very bittersweet moment for me.

Maybe I'll get drunk enough this weekend to forget about what money means and then buy it.
For $25 per album, I will sing some Sparklehorse songs to you. For an extra $15, I’ll make you a one of a kind Sparklehorse shirt. Now that is a deal for a real fan.

With a pressing quantity of 1500, I expect this to be much cheaper in the after-market.
I don't expect this to sell out immediately, but I also don't expect it to be cheaper in after-market. Once it sells out, the price will probably go up. I don't think any of the VMP box sets have really depreciated in value on the second-hand market. Ghostly Anthology is one of the only ones I think that didn't jump up in value.

I really want that sparklehorse box. I just spent over $200 on The Glands and The Beat Happening Boxsets respectively. Only available copies of Sparklehorse LPs on wax are from Plain. I wonder if they will get released individually outside of the box.

That Glands box is pretty much the best thing ever. I was able to find a copy on Discogs that had bent corners on the box and sleeves but vinyl was M for around $90/shipped last year.

$50/LP is honestly too much for the Sparklehorse set, but I'm still buying it.

Lol, oh VMP. Stock thing did the same for The National too. Still useful for if you’re on the fence and it’s the nudge you need but they’re definitely able to pump the numbers. Perhaps more useful for the smaller hundreds runs.

So Sparklehorse box set proves that VMP can make a box and sell it under $200. I wonder where all that extra cost comes from for the anthologies?
It's a 4 album box set for $189. I could be wrong but all the Anthologies had way more than 4 albums in them and the cost per album on this one is even higher than the Anthologies (my math could be wrong on that though). And the Dead one is definitely a mix of licensing fees as @KenKaniff said and trying to prey on Dead fans with deep wallets.

That Glands box is pretty much the best thing ever. I was able to find a copy on Discogs that had bent corners on the box and sleeves but vinyl was M for around $90/shipped last year.

$50/LP is honestly too much for the Sparklehorse set, but I'm still buying it.
Funny story about The Glands, I kept holding off and it eventually sold out and then there was a reasonable priced copy on on Amazon and I didn’t pull the trigger and it eventually sold out. Then last week I was on the New West website due to there store sale and Lo and behold...
I swear it was sold out so I don’t know if they found more copies or if they repressed or if this is an error (No shipping notification yet) but I finally purchased a copy.

Funny story about The Glands, I kept holding off and it eventually sold out and then there was a reasonable priced copy on on Amazon and I didn’t pull the trigger and it eventually sold out. Then last week I was on the New West website due to there store sale and Lo and behold...
I swear it was sold out so I don’t know if they found more copies or if they repressed or if this is an error (No shipping notification yet) but I finally purchased a copy.

I bought this from NuWest last week as well, what a great set.

is the discount code still active at VMP?

Back