Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

swapped my classics for Hamilton Leithauser and I think the site crashed while doing it so WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

First my RHH ROTM said it was already swapped, then White Stripes appeared as Classics and Essentials, tried to change one of them to El-P and site crashed before I could confirm...

Well my classics (which is my main account) was locked into Stevie. So looks like I'll be enjoying a second copy of that.

But I would like to point out that the fears that everyone had that they would limit swaps to only ROTMs and the four or five options they mentioned in that email turned out to be unwarranted. There are far more titles in there, the usual amount as far as I can tell. Which to me means that the credit option is a net win for everyone.

They definitely shot themselves in the foot when they started pumping FOMO into swaps. I went ahead and swapped for El-P before it crashed. Swap FOMO + one time swap lock-in suuuuuuucks.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! That’s so shit! Omg, so unlucky again with the system.....🥺😭😖
It's not unlucky. It's a broken system. I'm still shocked that a major online retailer like VMP can't hire someone to make a functional website. They got rid of swap exclusives so that the site wouldn't crash. Now people have less options to swap to and the site still doesn't work.

Essentials didn't say White Stripes but Roots. Maybe they did that intentionally, I swapped for Roots last months and they send me Gorillaz.

At least it's what they told me, the package has yet to arrive. And today's announcement day, so yay!

Needless to say the site has crashed now.

I'm doubting myself to still be a member, every time I tell myself I'm out they linger me back in. So all of this is on me and me alone, I can't even blame them.

They definitely shot themselves in the foot when they started pumping FOMO into swaps. I went ahead and swapped for El-P before it crashed. Swap FOMO + one time swap lock-in suuuuuuucks.
I'm thinking that's the purpose behind the "swap for credit" move. But honestly, when you're a company that thrives on FOMO, its was bound to happen.

It's not unlucky. It's a broken system. I'm still shocked that a major online retailer like VMP can't hire someone to make a functional website. They got rid of swap exclusives so that the site wouldn't crash. Now people have less options to swap to and the site still doesn't work.
But I think announcing the El-P repress for instance might have still created similar FOMO, because who knows how many people want that with current swaps or how many they pressed. I didn't really want to take my time since I kind of decided that's what I wanted this month.

giphy.gif

Back