Vinyl Me, Please Rock

Rock_web.jpg

October: System of a Down’s Toxicity

October’s Rock Record of the Month is System of a Down’s Toxicity, the band’s socially conscious record. It’s pressed on 180g “Toxic Red & Black Quad” colored vinyl with lacquers cut by Barry Grint at AIR Mastering, and is the first-ever release with a gatefold jacket. This album will not include a hype sticker or Listening Notes booklet.
this is criminal

Band request. They really liked the way the original came out and they wanted this one to be exactly like that. I think they said they'd mail out a booklet after. Not sure about that though.
they're shipping the OBI outside of the LP I know.. and also I dunno why they want exactly like this when this is also the first gatefold pressing

Btw the listening book they would have shipped is on their website

System of a Down's Unrelenting, Peerless Attack

Thankfully (or sadly for some) it is not written by storf but by Andy O'Connor
I can't imagine Storf would have written something worse than that. It made me cringe and the band should be glad it's not going in the record. I don't normally hate on these things, but this was painful to read.

I can't imagine Storf would have written something worse than that. It made me cringe and the band should be glad it's not going in the record. I don't normally hate on these things, but this was painful to read.
Amazing you made it all the way through. These listening notes need to stop pretending like every album put out was a cultural touchstone.

Back