Vinyl Me, Please Rock

Barracuda slaps and I'm still probably gonna buy it. More just it's another just ok album compared to many they could do. Also it's kinda sad for the first woman in rock

I have to say I have been impressed so far with the Rock selections. I am only keeping Strokes, Iggy and ZZ Top, but I get why the other three were chosen and most people are excited by them. For me, VMP even batting .500 is pretty darn good. I am still on the fence about renewing my 6 month sub. At least there are enough swap options available since I only have the 1 stream, I don’t need to swap for credit.

Barracuda slaps and I'm still probably gonna buy it. More just it's another just ok album compared to many they could do. Also it's kinda sad for the first woman in rock
Was playing this while making dinner and aside from massively enjoying it as ever I can’t work out why it’s ’kinda sad’ for first woman in rock. The Wilsons were considered genre breaking at the time both for having a female front person in a massive rock band and a female guitarist, Heart is a rock n roll hall of famer, they wrote some absolutely banging tunes that still stand up nearly 50 years on, Nancy Wilson (aside from being a killer guitarist) could be known just for her soundtrack work alone (Almost Famous and Vanilla Sky being standouts) And they sold absolutely millions of albums.

Which part makes it a kinda sad pick. I reckon they’re bang on criteria wise for the sub

Last edited:
Was playing this while making dinner and aside from massively enjoying it as ever I can’t work out why it’s ’kinda sad’ for first woman in rock. The Wilsons’ were considered genre breaking at the time both for having a female front person in a massive rock band and a female guitarist, Heart is a rock n roll hall of famer, they wrote some absolutely banging tunes that still stand up nearly 50 years on, Nancy Wilson (aside from being a killer guitarist) could be known just for her soundtrack work alone (Almost Famous and Vanilla Sky being standouts) And they sold absolutely millions of albums.

Which part makes it a kinda sad pick. I reckon they’re bang on criteria wise for the sub
I agree. Even if I'm not particularly excited for the pick, I do think Heart was a great band that deserves more respect and attention. It's just one of those picks I burnt myself out on when I was younger, but I might spin it and have a change of heart 😉

I agree. Even if I'm not particularly excited for the pick, I do think Heart was a great band that deserves more respect and attention. It's just one of those picks I burnt myself out on when I was younger, but I might spin it and have a change of heart 😉
I am in this boat. Still have a copy that I got off a friends sister in the early 80s. I think that is going to be hard part for this stream. For anything pre-1990, there are going to be thousands of used copies available. But depending on the other 2 titles (71 and 83 have great potential) I might re-sub.

I have to say I have been impressed so far with the Rock selections. I am only keeping Strokes, Iggy and ZZ Top, but I get why the other three were chosen and most people are excited by them. For me, VMP even batting .500 is pretty darn good. I am still on the fence about renewing my 6 month sub. At least there are enough swap options available since I only have the 1 stream, I don’t need to swap for credit.
Those were the three I cared about too, but decided to just roll with the others and am not disappointed. I'm most excited for the ZZ Top since my OG is kinda noisy now and I missed out on that KG cut. And even though Iggy doesn't sound great, it's not bad (or their fault) and it's an album I love so I'm happy enough.

Back