Vinyl Me, Please Rock

I got shipping notice for something coming from Boy Howdy! in Los Angeles. I have no clue what it is. The only reason I think it is tied to VMP Rock is because I signed up using my girlfriend’s email and address, and that’s where it is going. Has anyone here received anything from them?

Edit: I’m assuming it’s something from Creem, a magazine most likely?

Last edited:
I got shipping notice for something coming from Boy Howdy! in Los Angeles. I have no clue what it is. The only reason I think it is tied to VMP Rock is because I signed up using my girlfriend’s email and address, and that’s where it is going. Has anyone here received anything from them?

I suspect you are correct:
IMG_3054.png

I also got a shipping notice from Boy Howdy! so thank you for asking the question because I did not make the connection the VMP Rock. Was worried it was another obscure pre-order I'd forgotten about.

I also got a shipping notice from Boy Howdy! so thank you for asking the question because I did not make the connection the VMP Rock. Was worried it was another obscure pre-order I'd forgotten about.
Of course! It took me a bit to figure out what it is. Hopefully it’s something more than a magazine, but I’m skeptical.

There was something about it being done with sign up in an email.

I should look since I may pick up Raw Power next month.

I think it's if you sign up with the rock track? or maybe if you do that buy 3 get 1 free rock thing? either way i believe the deal was 1 free issue and either a free or reduced (maybe online?) subscription?

I’m spinning Raw Power right now, and I gotta say that I actually really like the way it sounds. I’ve always preferred the Bowie mix. But this AAA RKS cut really improves upon the Iggy mix IMO. And I say that as someone who never liked the Iggy mix. There’s more depth and it feels a little more dynamic. The biggest improvement to me is that the digital brick walling is lessened here.

It will never be a good sounding record (and I wouldn’t have it any other way), but I appreciate this pressing and think it sounds appropriately raw and gritty.

I’m spinning Raw Power right now, and I gotta say that I actually really like the way it sounds. I’ve always preferred the Bowie mix. But this AAA RKS cut really improves upon the Iggy mix IMO. And I say that as someone who never liked the Iggy mix. There’s more depth and it feels a little more dynamic. The biggest improvement to me is that the digital brick walling is lessened here.

It will never be a good sounding record (and I wouldn’t have it any other way), but I appreciate this pressing and think it sounds appropriately raw and gritty.
Definitely glad I got it

toxicity_vinyl_store_600x.jpg

Back