Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Doesn't sound to me like you $40 like it.
Yeah, that's the problem. I like it, but is it worth spending the international sub cost to get an EP? Probably not. I may wait this one out and see if there's a wider release down the line.

Couple of days after getting Blackalicious my local got it in, price wise though thankfully I think the VMP ended up being cheaper because it was an add-on.

I like it, but is it worth spending the international sub cost to get an EP
Just wanna note this is not an ep, it's at least 30 minutes (9 tracks, 30 minutes, that's not an EP like str8 killa.. it's just a "commercial mixtape")

Whether you think it's worth the insane international price is up to how much you enjoy it, I totally see a ton of people dropping because price is a lot, it's only really considered worth it to some because it's very rare to get a copy (mostly because only a few copies and it's scalped hard), but especially with international buyers and the awful shipping given and bad QC

To me a fan it's a no brainer but it's definitely going to be hard for many

Just wanna note this is not an ep, it's at least 30 minutes (9 tracks, 30 minutes, that's not an EP like str8 killa.. it's just a "commercial mixtape")
Just wanna note for context sake that Str8 Killa was an 8 track 35 minute length EP that plucks of the bests tracks from his Str8 Killa, No Filla mixtape.

Finally getting around to checking out my replacement OutKast and uhm, has anyone noticed the colors aren’t even close to the original pressing?

View attachment 133449

That’s the original on the right, replacement left.
Unfortunately, the color is the only thing that’s different, the right channel noise on Side D is still present. Kinda disappointing.

Finally getting around to checking out my replacement OutKast and uhm, has anyone noticed the colors aren’t even close to the original pressing?

View attachment 133449

That’s the original on the right, replacement left.
I did notice that. Hadn't put them next to each other but immediately noticed they were different and really not that close at all. Good thing side 4 is a side I don't even really spin so I'll be sticking with the original.

Unfortunately, the color is the only thing that’s different, the right channel noise on Side D is still present. Kinda disappointing.
Wait, doesn't side D have the sample surface noise? I think my copy was fine outside of that, but yeah different color, I actually think the new color was nicer lol

the server always having errors makes me wonder... how will i stan uzi and make nathan richaud proud

Yup, my copy even had the bonus of some foreign substance on side C as well. I cleaned it several times with my RCM and it made it better but was still there. Definitely didn't run my needle over that side but flipped it to see how side D sounded. Yep, noise still present although much quieter than the first one.

Did anyone get a noise free copy of the Outkast side C/D?? Really don't want to ask for a replacement if it's just going to be another bum ass copy

Did anyone get a noise free copy of the Outkast side C/D?? Really don't want to ask for a replacement if it's just going to be another bum ass copy
I have no clue. They sent me 4 copies and all 4 are up there with the worst warps I’ve ever seen. So, the needle didn’t touch them. I guess I’m asking for 4 replacements 🤷‍♂️

I have no clue. They sent me 4 copies and all 4 are up there with the worst warps I’ve ever seen. So, the needle didn’t touch them. I guess I’m asking for 4 replacements 🤷‍♂️
Yep, they sent three to me, all with insane warps. I asked them to send me ONE replacement because these are all not even flattenable, they sent another three.

Those 3 are much flatter. Between 3 original copies and six replacement disc twos they ALL have noise at the top of each side. Even disc A and B. But it is lessoned on the new C/D discs. I now have a playable copy that's not horrid. So not good enough, but at least it's better...

Yep, they sent three to me, all with insane warps. I asked them to send me ONE replacement because these are all not even flattenable, they sent another three.

Those 3 are much flatter. Between 3 original copies and six replacement disc twos they ALL have noise at the top of each side. Even disc A and B. But it is lessoned on the new C/D discs. I now have a playable copy that's not horrid. So not good enough, but at least it's better...
Good to know there are some somewhat flat copies out there but that is pretty frustrating about the noise. I still don’t have a clean disc 1. This and Clipse are the reason I signed up for a three month period last year and so far I haven’t been able to get a clean copy of either. Gave up on Clipse. 😒

Good to know there are some somewhat flat copies out there but that is pretty frustrating about the noise. I still don’t have a clean disc 1. This and Clipse are the reason I signed up for a three month period last year and so far I haven’t been able to get a clean copy of either. Gave up on Clipse. 😒
Yeah, Wu 36 Chambers is close to the top of my all time hip hop list and I have six copies and they're all fucked.

Back