Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

FYI, I highly highly doubt VMP would do Nujabes but you can get a copy for an OK price from amazon:
Amazon product ASIN B083ZMHFLT
Some likes here but not sure if the link shared correctly as I can't see it haha. Here it is again.
Hmm, that didn't seem to work either, well just search for it on amazon. Available right now for $67 with free shipping. Also the other two records are available as well for a similar price.

I refuse to live in a world where $67 is a reasonable price. 😤

(yes I know it's an import, all the more reason for VMP or someone else on this side of the pond to reissue it)

(yes I know it's an import, all the more reason for VMP or someone else on this side of the pond to reissue it)
I mean, it's not a reasonable price at all for a random easy to get record. However as you mentioned this is an import and the cheapest one on cogs is $75. I just don't see this one being done by VMP. Nujabes, as amazing as he is, is a bit to fringe for your everday VMP member I would guess. He really died way too fucking young, but glad he was able to create what we have from him.

I mean, it's not a reasonable price at all for a random easy to get record. However as you mentioned this is an import and the cheapest one on cogs is $75. I just don't see this one being done by VMP. Nujabes, as amazing as he is, is a bit to fringe for your everday VMP member I would guess. He really died way too fucking young, but glad he was able to create what we have from him.
Just mention anime, jazz, and compare him to Dilla and you'll have hipsters tripping over themselves to get a copy.

Yes, I am including myself as one of those hipsters tripping over themselves for it. 🥴

I think I picked it up from Amazon Japan for around $55 shipped. Which isn’t all that much more than a $40 a month membership especially when you account for paying a premium for example, a colored pressing of Veckatimest. Point being it all evens out plus I’ve owned my copy for going on 2 years now.

I think I picked it up from Amazon Japan for around $55 shipped. Which isn’t all that much more than a $40 a month membership especially when you account for paying a premium for example, a colored pressing of Veckatimest. Point being it all evens out plus I’ve owned my copy for going on 2 years now.
Yep, I got all three of his releases from amazon.jp for around that. Worth every cent IMO.

same here but was lucy enough to pick it up for ¥ 4,550 which is just about $40 U.S. shipped.

Down to $65 now, lol! I'm waiting to see if I manifested a cheaper copy into existence first, but may eventually bite on one.

Let me hype myself up again today and look at possible duos!

I hate the wording because it says 2 rappers so it rules out a few guesses BUT because we're dealing with VMP it still could be a rapper and DJ because you know these clues don't need to be accurate!

Top pick would be Organized Konfusion, either their 1st or 2nd record, I do love their 3rd BUT it has WAY too many skits and they kill the flow of the record!

Personal favorite options:

8 Ball & MJG "Comin' Out Hard" and if this kicks open the Sauve House door even better!!!

Convicts "S/T" Everyone needs more Big Mike in their lives! Such a dope underrated album

The Beatnuts "Stone Crazy" love this record and it's sort of a personal choice that I can't see happening but the Beatnuts are fantastic producers and not the best rappers but fun as hell on the mic!

Luniz "Operation Stackola" they're more than just I got 5 on it, remember the album being real dope, but if they could include that west coast heavyweights remix that would be great!

Maybe:
Dead Prez
Black Moon
Smif-n-Wessun
Black Star
EPMD
Dogg Pound
Outkast!!
Das EFX
I'm just naming rap groups now...

Longshot not 2 rappers but 2 man crew:

Low Profile "We're in This Together" it'll go perfect with the essential Westside Connection ROTM!!

Ok I'll stop now and just complain when it's ICP...

Sigh...might as well do solo rap records, can't wait until Monday when the next hints come in and EVERYTHING on my list goes out the window! Trying to keep this short

My personal choices that won't happen:
Volume 10 "Hip-hopera"
Saafir "The Boxcar Sessions"

Maybe....
Bahamadia "Kollage" - great record that is a hell of a lot better than the other woman rappers VMP has chosen in the past...

Diamond D "Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop" - from all reports the reissue of this was a mess, would love to see this get a proper reissue! The more DITC related artists the better!

ODB "N***a Please" - they can do his first one as an exclusive, this record is fantastic and IMHO is better than the first!

Mos Def "Black on Both Sides" - looks like this was recently reissued and was done well soooooooo maybe VMP could just piggyback off that release?

Del The Funkee Homosapien "Both Sides of the Brain" - totally not because I sold this year's ago and probably shouldn't have...

For fun!
Kanye
Kendrick
Dre
Jay-Z

I have too much time on my hands!

Was there a new clue yesterday???

I just got my shipping notice for the first ever pressing, of the greatest trendsetting album of the last decade, (CHIEF KEEF - FINALLY RICH) so it prompted me to wonder how they plan to follow that

This was my exact reaction trying to listen to Chief Keef.
It's ok not everyone 'Loves Sosa'! There are plenty of people that are straight up like "I Don't Like" For me it takes me back to a simpler time. Call it nostalgia. I was graduating high school, off to college where everyone was all "I hate being sober". Enter Chief Keef and his new subgenre: Drill rap. Full of hype and turnup for the party crowd! It was the being away from home and being 'Finally Rich' with freedom for me. Felt like I was 'Ballin' like 'Kobe" to keep it '3Hunna'. Maybe you don't 'Understand me' and my love for this album, but that is ok once this arrives ima say 'Hallelujah' and spin it like there is 'No tomorrow' 😎

Back