Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Jeez Louise. #4 is especially a huge bummer. #3 as well I guess since there isn't a good pressing of that album, like anywhere.

I was going to just buy Songs for the Deaf on black because it was apparently inexpensive when it dropped while I was on my 2 year hiatus from any sort of collecting. But while at Amoeba today I was informed that the repress is going to cost $35 when it drops in the middle of the month. At which point, I began contemplating getting it from VMP.

How common are these pressing errors? Also, if anyone interested in Balhoone Mindsate for solidly below median discogs value let me know. Otherwise, I'll throw it on Ebay and contemplate my next steps, :ROFLMAO:
I may be interested in BM depending on price we are talking

Listening to Clipse right now, and it sounds fantastic. I might be biased because I live 20 minutes away from Virginia Beach, but I really enjoyed this month's liner notes about duo's career before, during and after Hell Hath No Fury as well.

Assuming the second record sounds as good as the first that's spinning on my turntable right now, that'll be two months in a row that Gz's RHH pressing was solid and surface noise-free. Is this... hope I'm feeling? 😯

Edit: All four sides sound great. Wow.

Last edited:
Listening to Clipse right now, and it sounds fantastic. I might be biased because I live 20 minutes away from Virginia Beach, but I really enjoyed this month's liner notes about duo's career before, during and after Hell Hath No Fury as well.

Assuming the second record sounds as good as the first that's spinning on my turntable right now, that'll be two months in a row that Gz's RHH pressing was solid and surface noise-free. Is this... hope I'm feeling? 😯

Edit: All four sides sound great. Wow.
I am so glad to hear that it sounds great. Seems like the quality is improving as people are reporting Usher also sounds great.

I am now in a twitter argument with a former VMP artist and I'm excited and saddened all at once.

Context please!
I am currently arguing Chuck D as he is trying to put 100% of the Travis Scott incident on the venue/security and none on Travis. I honestly thought he was one of the smartest dudes in Hip Hop, now I'm not sure. Like, I thought he would be an excellent debater, but he just talks in circles, arrives at the point only to drive on by it.

I am currently arguing Chuck D as he is trying to put 100% of the Travis Scott incident on the venue/security and none on Travis. I honestly thought he was one of the smartest dudes in Hip Hop, now I'm not sure. Like, I thought he would be an excellent debater, but he just talks in circles, arrives at the point only to drive on by it.
Like, good on him for engaging with his followers and not just stating bullshit and running, but man it's painful to me to watch. Most of it is not even making sense.

EDIT: Jesus fucking Christ I give up.

Last edited:
Yeah, there is plenty of blame to go around. Ultimately it’s Travis Scott’s event. It not like Astroworld was just a random festival that he was playing, essentially his name is on the event.

Other events off the top of my head, the Roskilde Music Festival back in 2000 when festival goers were crushed to death during Pearl Jam or Woodstock 99 when a handful of people died you could argue that the artist in those instances had very little to do with the actual deaths since they were not actually the event organizers but I would think it’s safe to assume that this event was organized completely by in coordination with some company attached to Travis and since it’s his promotion and he’s preforming the Buck ultimately stops with him.

Yeah, there is plenty of blame to go around. Ultimately it’s Travis Scott’s event. It not like Astroworld was just a random festival that he was playing, essentially his name is on the event.

Other events off the top of my head, the Roskilde Music Festival back in 2000 when festival goers were crushed to death during Pearl Jam or Woodstock 99 when a handful of people died you could argue that the artist in those instances had very little to do with the actual deaths since they were not actually the event organizers but I would think it’s safe to assume that this event was organized completely by in coordination with some company attached to Travis and since it’s his promotion and he’s preforming the Buck ultimately stops with him.
Yup, and every time I, or others have pointed out that this isn't Travis' first rodeo, he's been charged with inciting riots before and that he could've stopped the show and other artists have no problems stopping the show to end bullshit he either ignores these very valid points and argues something else, or moves the goalposts.

All I'm trying to argue him here is that Travis shares at least a portion of the blame, and then he uses words that makes him seem like he's gotten to that point, but then he zooms off in another direction.

I'm entitling this day "How to lose respect for your heroes: A play in three acts".

EDIT: And then as a result of this whole argument, he puts out some story that's not at all the same set of circumstances then hides behind the race card, not realizing he's been arguing with a black dude the entire fucking time.

Is the secret for getting GZ to do great work to just press Clipse albums? So far disc 1 is *chefs kiss*

Edit: Side a/b officially flawless. Side c one track in so far so good.
Boom. Done. HHNF is flawless. Both Clipse albums are officially VMP highlights for me. No noise, perfectly flat, great sound.

Listened to HHNF last night and only had some slight crackle at the start of side C and maybe two or three pops. All the other sides were perfect. I’m hoping a clean will sort it out. If not, it was minor enough that I can live with it.

I’m really happy with the pressing over all. I’ve been wanting this album on wax for a long time

Listened to HHNF last night and only had some slight crackle at the start of side C and maybe two or three pops. All the other sides were perfect. I’m hoping a clean will sort it out. If not, it was minor enough that I can live with it.

I’m really happy with the pressing over all. I’ve been wanting this album on wax for a long time
Was the crackle like RIGHT at the start and stopped when the music kicked in? Because yeah, I had that too and honestly with everything that's happened recently it's so minor that I didn't even feel the need to mention it. It was like three to five seconds of it then gone. I started to worry when I heard it, then it was right back to enjoying the album. Wasn't even loud noise.

Like if Wu, OutKast and MV had that level of noise I think we'd mostly all be perfectly fine with VMP.

Was the crackle like RIGHT at the start and stopped when the music kicked in? Because yeah, I had that too and honestly with everything that's happened recently it's so minor that I didn't even feel the need to mention it. It was like three to five seconds of it then gone. I started to worry when I heard it, then it was right back to enjoying the album. Wasn't even loud noise.

Like if Wu, OutKast and MV had that level of noise I think we'd mostly all be perfectly fine with VMP.
Yup. That’s exactly what it was, and the fact that it’s gone when the music hits means I really don’t care. The loud two or three pops during the music was annoying though.

I’m just happy that the string of recent GZ pressing defects seems to have subsided.... for now.

Yup. That’s exactly what it was, and the fact that it’s gone when the music hits means I really don’t care. The loud two or three pops during the music was annoying though.

I’m just happy that the string of recent GZ pressing defects seems to have subsided.... for now.
I didn't get any pops. Just the faint crackle.

My Clipse doesn’t have the surface noise issues of recent ROTMs, but has distortion/sibilance issues in many spots.

Clues!

Released in 1996, 1989, and 2012.

Obviously these are still wide open but any time I see 2012 for RHH I hope for a reissue of Curren$y's The Stoned Immaculate.

Clues!

Released in 1996, 1989, and 2012.

Obviously these are still wide open but any time I see 2012 for RHH I hope for a reissue of Curren$y's The Stoned Immaculate.
1996 has SO many choices but De La Soul Stakes is High is on there. Seeing that VMP have been open to repeating artists on ROTM and De La now having rights to their music and able to profit off of it, I'll stay optimistic but realistically pessimistic. Hell would be a perfect time for VMP to now repress all the De La albums and get them the $$ they rightfully deserve.

1996 has SO many choices but De La Soul Stakes is High is on there. Seeing that VMP have been open to repeating artists on ROTM and De La now having rights to their music and able to profit off of it, I'll stay optimistic but realistically pessimistic. Hell would be a perfect time for VMP to now repress all the De La albums and get them the $$ they rightfully deserve.

Hope for De La; expect Kid Rock.

Back