Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I almost replied to that email asking why they aren't doing this for WU and PE but fuckit, I am sure they would have just given some bullshit canned response.

I almost replied to that email asking why they aren't doing this for WU and PE but fuckit, I am sure they would have just given some bullshit canned response.
Because apparently the return rate wasn't high enough to warrant a repress on those. So blame all the people who are buying these records to flip instead of fucking playing them.

I finally gave up on Wu, I think I have six? Maybe seven of them... Noise on every single disc. I have no idea how this didn't get a repress, same for PE.
Yeah, I already feel guilty about spending so much money on records to begin with add to that a layer of disappointment from shoddy manufacturing and/or logistics…it can be a bit disheartening sometimes.

At least you can build a small dog fort out of all your shit copies.

Yeah, I already feel guilty about spending so much money on records to begin with add to that a layer of disappointment from shoddy manufacturing and/or logistics…it can be a bit disheartening sometimes.

At least you can build a small dog fort out of all your shit copies.
Yeahhhh... I'll eventually PIF them after I find the "best" two discs out of the lot. I thought I had a nearly clean Wu disc two only to encounter a nice big scratch on the final track of the whole effing album... So close...

Because apparently the return rate wasn't high enough to warrant a repress on those. So blame all the people who are buying these records to flip instead of fucking playing them.
I'm just not buying that based on how many reports there are. I think they are completely lying to try and save money.

After replying to the email re: repress of ATLiens C/D & *re-explaining* that my 1st 2 copies also had noise on A/B, they asked me to *re-send* the audio samples of A/B, then finally agreed to send out a 2nd replacement copy. Don't have very high hopes, but at least it will give me a bigger sampling to try to cobble together a listenable version....

So...

The only VMP record I snagged two copies (outside of QC issues) was Balhoone Mindstate. I did so because I was the person of the forum that had requested they press it and it is an all-time favorite. It's not a perfect pressing-- but it's certainly not warped or any of the other shit that has become so common.

Anyways-- I am currently prepping for a cross country move and saw a) how much current VMP presses in the shop go for and b) how much copies of Balhoone Mindstate are going for.

So I have a couple questions--
a) How is the quality control been on the following VMP releases:
1) The Songs for the Deaf re-issue
2) The SouthernPlayGround re-issue
3) The 36 Chambers pressing
4) The Deloused pressing
5) The Darkside pressing

And secondly--
How do the the $33 dollar add-ons work at this point.

Because I might have a proposition for anyone interested in trading for Balhoone Mindstate. (And I might have some QC iffy VMP records that I'd also throw in ala Goodie Mob, Sleater Kinney, Deafheaven, ext).

Last edited:
a) How is the quality control been on the following VMP releases:
1) The Songs for the Deaf re-issue
2) The SouthernPlayGround re-issue
3) The 36 Chambers pressing
4) The Deloused pressing
5) The Darkside pressing
1) Good
2) N/A
3) Pressing flaw causing right channel noise/static throughout the first track of side A
4) Pressing Flaw causing right channel noise/static for the firs 30 seconds of side A
5) Fine

1) Good
2) N/A
3) Pressing flaw causing right channel noise/static throughout the first track of side A
4) Pressing Flaw causing right channel noise/static for the firs 30 seconds of side A
5) Fine

Jeez Louise. #4 is especially a huge bummer. #3 as well I guess since there isn't a good pressing of that album, like anywhere.

I was going to just buy Songs for the Deaf on black because it was apparently inexpensive when it dropped while I was on my 2 year hiatus from any sort of collecting. But while at Amoeba today I was informed that the repress is going to cost $35 when it drops in the middle of the month. At which point, I began contemplating getting it from VMP.

How common are these pressing errors? Also, if anyone interested in Balhoone Mindsate for solidly below median discogs value let me know. Otherwise, I'll throw it on Ebay and contemplate my next steps, :ROFLMAO:

Jeez Louise. #4 is especially a huge bummer. #3 as well I guess since there isn't a good pressing of that album, like anywhere.

I was going to just buy Songs for the Deaf on black because it was apparently inexpensive when it dropped while I was on my 2 year hiatus from any sort of collecting. But while at Amoeba today I was informed that the repress is going to cost $35 when it drops in the middle of the month. At which point, I began contemplating getting it from VMP.

How common are these pressing errors? Also, if anyone interested in Balhoone Mindsate for solidly below median discogs value let me know. Otherwise, I'll throw it on Ebay and contemplate my next steps, :ROFLMAO:
Most of us have represses of Deloused on the way, so stay tuned to hear about how those are. Confidence is low though!

The pressing errors has been an constant issue recently over the past 4 or 5 months

Oukast - ATLiens
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation…
Were the other two that had big issues. Though I have seen plenty of complaints about Grizzly Bear and a few of the Country Sub releases as well. The issue is the pressing plant GZ. At this point I won’t purchase a album released by VMP unless it’s pressed at a different pressing plant. The issue is GZ does the majority of VMPs pressings.

If I didn’t already have a copy of Balhoone I would take you up on it. Its one that sounds great.

Back