Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Anyone on here want to trade a defective Mars Volta (from me) for a defective ATLiens (from you)? I guess this assumes that full replacements are sent out like they were for TMV. I suppose I can live with some noise, if I can have both of these.

I've just requested a replacement for ATLiens due to static on track D1, fingers crossed they have good copies available to send. At first I thought side C was affected too but then I remembered the static on "Mainstream" is part of the sample and confirmed via the streaming version, side C noise = normal, side D noise = defect.

I've just requested a replacement for ATLiens due to static on track D1, fingers crossed they have good copies available to send. At first I thought side C was affected too but then I remembered the static on "Mainstream" is part of the sample and confirmed via the streaming version, side C noise = normal, side D noise = defect.
I just listened to mine and I noticed the same right-channel noise as side D at the very beginning of Mainstream. I think it just gets drowned out a lot quicker than on side D just due to the song and the static from the sample. I really only noticed it on either side when listening through headphones though. If I'm listening through speakers as I usually do, it really wasn't noticeable for me. Debating whether or not it's worth the effort to even request a replacement.

I also got static on side D.

If it was only the static, I can’t say I’m bothered by it enough for a replacement, but my disc 1 is also really warped. Replacement on the way.

I just listened to mine and I noticed the same right-channel noise as side D at the very beginning of Mainstream. I think it just gets drowned out a lot quicker than on side D just due to the song and the static from the sample. I really only noticed it on either side when listening through headphones though. If I'm listening through speakers as I usually do, it really wasn't noticeable for me. Debating whether or not it's worth the effort to even request a replacement.
Yeah my side C has a little of the same noise as side D. The vinyl noise in the sample on Mainstream is from the drum loop, so if you have noise before the drums kick in, it’s not from the recording.

I requested a replacement yesterday and they confirmed today that they’re sending one out.

Here are my guesses for what the hints next month will be

1. Early 2000s album from artist from the south (usually a B tier album)
2. Small album no one really wanted on vinyl
3. The one fairly recent album people or cult classic

West coast doesn't exist, spanish rap doesn't exist, what Asian representation, and basically all British or west European rap is bad to them

Here are my guesses for what the hints next month will be

1. Early 2000s album from artist from the south (usually a B tier album)
2. Small album no one really wanted on vinyl
3. The one fairly recent album people or cult classic

West coast doesn't exist, spanish rap doesn't exist, what Asian representation, and basically all British or west European rap is bad to them

Let's_Get_Ready.jpg

SaraiCD.jpg

Kanye West - Donda

I think it's time to start buying lotto tickets.

-My first Mars Volta is mostly noise-free. Just a bit at the very end of Side A, nothing at the start of sides like other people encountered
-My ATLiens sounds perfect. Not a hint of surface noise on Side D.
I'm just going to need a small portion of your soul.

-makes grabby hands-

gimme

Anyone have surface noise on songs A1 and B1? I've had this same thing on two copies and I reached out to customer support and they're telling me its part of the recording. I'm cranking these songs on my streaming app and don't really hear any baked in noise...

I can definitely hear the right channel static on side D on my ATLiens copy. Other sides sound fine. Maybe some minor surface noise but nothing I would return for. I submitted a ticket for a replacement.

Back